Ticket for 15 over in personal vehicle.

Discussion in 'Trucker Legal Advice' started by MamaB, Aug 26, 2017.

1. dngrous_dime

dngrous_dime Road Train Member

Jan 28, 2014
    Lansing area, MI
    Nah, just the celebratory light show. It was a speed trap in Circleville, the lawyer said he got half a dozen calls that week from drivers. Speed limit had recently changed from 60 to 55, cop claimed I was doing 67, although the GPS record in my truck had me at 62, slightly downhill. Either way, it went away.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Puppage

Puppage Road Train Member

Aug 2, 2012
    Connecticut
    I hope it all works out for you guys, Mama

paul_4lp and MamaB Thank this.
  4. Lonesome

Lonesome Mr. Sarcasm

Dec 15, 2007
    Northern Indiana
    Good luck with your endeavor!

paul_4lp Thanks this.
  5. HotH2o

HotH2o Road Train Member

Sep 23, 2012
    Bunyan Springs, Colorado
    Baby on the way, guy leaves to pursue a trucking career. In a few months you two will have bigger problems than a ticket. I hope not though.

6. Lonesome

Lonesome Mr. Sarcasm

Dec 15, 2007
    Northern Indiana
    Sounds like he's going local.

paul_4lp Thanks this.
  7. HotH2o

HotH2o Road Train Member

Sep 23, 2012
    Bunyan Springs, Colorado
    Ahh, I missed that part. I retract my previous comment.

MamaB and Lonesome Thank this.
  8. White Dog

White Dog Road Train Member

Feb 11, 2008
    Iowa
    No....but he WILL be on "probation" for 12 months...and better not let more than 2 violations pile up in a 3 year period...pretty much the industry standard.

P.S.- Forgive me if that had already been answered...I made it to the quoted post, and replied.

MamaB Thanks this.
  9. shogun

shogun Road Train Member

Jan 23, 2009
    Doing a regen
    You should move to Olive Branch or The Hernando/Horn Lake area. Desoto county has an excellent school system and there are plenty of trucking jobs in the Memphis area. There is a huge Old Dominion terminal at State Line road exit 291, and olive branch has a bunch of trucking company terminals, FYI.

paul_4lp and MamaB Thank this.
  10. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    I chose not to get into that.

I have posted before where Daddy needs to be with mommy and new baby. I have even told people wanting to get into trucking OTR to essentially stay home first and raise the baby working locally. IF the cost of living is too high, move somewhere better and cheaper.

Now that this cat is out of the bag, the best compromise I can come up with is to work locally or home very often. When I first married, my ex asked is this my life with me gone 2 or 3 weeks. Prior to marriage being alone was not a problem. But now that you are two people... well. things change. McKesson in Memphis allowed me to be home most weekends and some evenings when it's not necessary to be in the sleeper berth, in a particular type of little rock-memphis service corraling and staging loads for teams here in Little Rock so they can drop, hook and GO. Once in a while I got to escape to Atlanta with a load of apples from Wenatchee washington or some such from little rock for a day. It's 12 hours down and back but it's shaved to 10 and call it good. I can still hear the large lady at the counter in the Safeway "Whar dem my apples!! MY APPLES!!! WHAR!?" right at the stroke of 7 am. ugh... lol...

My ex was good to me but if we had children (Cancer took that out.) trucking would have had to stop. It was fortunate that Arkansas at the time would not have cost too much to live what with the small amount of utilites etc once the house was paid off.

MamaB Thanks this.
  11. Pumpkin Oval Head

Pumpkin Oval Head Road Train Member

Jun 24, 2010
    Scranton PA
    That is exactly what will happen using an attorney...Don't ask me how I know this. You will pay more for the attorney than the ticket, but worth it not to have a major infraction on his record that will cause him to not be hireable by most companies.

paul_4lp and dngrous_dime Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.