Tips and helpful information for new truck drivers.

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by WesternPlains, Aug 21, 2021.

1. Dadetrucking305

Dadetrucking305 Heavy Load Member

Sep 15, 2011
    Cibolo,Texas
    They remind you in county jail “Put some water on that ####”

N00bLaLoosh and Speed_Drums Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. TravR1

TravR1 Road Train Member

Nov 9, 2017
    TX
    Back pain and bent credit cards

N00bLaLoosh Thanks this.
  4. supergreatguy

supergreatguy Road Train Member

Nov 26, 2020
    1) if you ran up all your time, just unplug your elog and turn off all your lights, keep rolling (at night)
    2) if you’re dog tired, find a local crack head and offer him a kiss for a small hit of meth (under special circumstances)
    3) if DOT pulls you over, don’t.
    4) If I’m trying to pass you, and you won’t let me, I will.
    5) If you scratch your butthole in your truck and knowingly grab the door handles/punch your pin in when paying…and don’t care….you goin to hell

5. mstrchf117

mstrchf117 Medium Load Member

May 21, 2016
    Check your Flux capacitor and blinker fluid during the pretrip. The "speed limit" is a lie. Those red and blue flashing lights in your mirror don't mean anything, it's just glitching. If you see someone in the road, speed up. The family in the minivan going 10mph slower than you love when you creep up and lay on the air horn. You can only decide what you want at a fast food joint when you get to the register. Construction zones make you go faster. Weigh stations are for everyone else.

6. Turbodriven

Turbodriven Bobtail Member

Jan 11, 2021
    A tip that probably hasn’t been mentioned get plenty of wet wipes and clean thoroughly after #2. Imperative for keeping the eventual roids in check. Oh and no one wants to hear your TV cranked to 11.

Speed_Drums Thanks this.
  7. WesternPlains

WesternPlains Road Train Member

Sep 1, 2017
    I’ve discovered why handheld fans were so popular in olden times. Just keep them moving to keep flies away. Can’t keep up with trying to swat the flies. I just keep waving the fly swatter. It’s easier.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.