Tips and Tricks for Using the Mercer Contractor Web

Discussion in 'Flatbed Trucking Forum' started by Blind Driver, Mar 19, 2013.

1. Blind Driver

Blind Driver Road Train Member

Aug 7, 2006
    New Albany, IN
    I'm trying to figure it out. My last coordinator would preplan my loads, but my current coordinator keeps telling me he has to wait to be sure I'm first in line due to Mercer's First in, first out. My last coordinator would always have me a preplan before I got unloaded if one was available.

As I sit here, I see myself being matched to a load that I would accept if asked, but several minutes later, it is gone. I'm wondering if I have to refuse the load in order for someone else to snag it?

When I am matched to a load, does that mean it is mine to accept or am I still in line for it?
    I also see loads that will fit me, but I am not matched to them.

Can someone fill me in? Everything was fine before changing coordinators, but now I have my doubts. I am sitting much more then before.
    :biggrin_25511:

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. critters

critters <b>Late For Dinner</b>

Jul 16, 2011
    traverse city,MI
    sounds like you need to have a sit down,alot of drivers have preplans,but i think it may have something to do with trucks in area.if you see it on the loadboard and you want it try for it.

4. Flightline

Flightline Road Train Member

Oct 1, 2011
    Almost There
    Matched loads mean the load fits your parameters which your coodinator has put in. But you can call and have your parameter changed anytime. And you should check on this if you are seeing loads that would fit you on a regular basis.

You can lose a load before refusing if someone ahead of you accepts the load but not if someone behind you accepts. You can yourself click on accept without calling your coodinator. Then it will go into commit. Then to accepts if everyone in front of you refuses or if it times out. Usually times out in 30-60 min.
    While it is in the commit phase, it will show you where you are on the list unless your 1st then it goes into accept.
    You can cause loads to go into match, just by clicking on " I want to be offered this load." Normally your coodinator doesn't see loads for you until they are in the match phased. I personally put loads into this phase when I want my coodinator to see it, but It's questionable to me. If it is a load, I'll difinitely take, I just click on I'll commit without calling. Just rememeber if you commit, and it gets accepted, they expect you to haul the load.
    Also remember, the number in line system is hard to understand because it picks up anyone who matches the load. Including guys clicking on "I want to be offered this load" also guys sitting at home but waiting on the real good load.
    Also if you are currently under a load, you will remain at the top or last on the list. So if you are currently on a load, you have to wait out everyone who is empty. But most of the time, if it is several days away, all the empty guys will turn the load down because not wanting to wait.
    If it is a Mercer only load and several days out, the agent won't let it time out until within a few days of loading.
    But if it is a CBD or call before dispatch, it will time out very quickly.
    I sure wish orintation would do a better job of presenting this info. Almost like they want you to learn as you go, but that cost money.

5. Flightline

Oct 1, 2011
    Almost There
    Some areas are easy to preplan loads and other areas, are tough. Alot depending on the CBD loads and Mercer only loads.
    Also easy to preplan loads more than a couple days out.

6. Blind Driver

Aug 7, 2006
    New Albany, IN
    It wasn't explained very well at orientation. I learned most of what I know from TTR :biggrin_25514:

Hopefully, I'll be learning a lot more. I was asking brief questions here and there, but it's time to get it all together.

What is a CBD load?

7. Cat sdp

Cat sdp . .

Apr 8, 2012
    Orion's Belt
    Call before dispatch ......

8. Flightline

Oct 1, 2011
    Almost There
    CBD means your coodinator has to call the agent which has to call the broker to make sure the load is still available. these loads are outside of Mercer loads.
    Loads that are with reputable brokers but also offered to other companies so could be gone depending on available of trucks. In most cases, the load is still there but can take more time to nail down. But alot of time, the agent will be calling to lock this load as soon as one or more of us drivers, commit to it. So these loads run the board quick.
    But this also why you see some really crap loads.

9. Blind Driver

Aug 7, 2006
    New Albany, IN
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.