TK S700 or Carrier 7500 for ICE Cream?

Discussion in 'Refrigerated Trucking Forum' started by JLT, Jul 11, 2018.

1. JLT

JLT Light Load Member

Feb 27, 2012
    Just wanting to get some opinions on which would be the better unit for hauling ice cream? I know TK’s are a lot higher in $ just would like to know if it’s worth it ? Thanks for your help!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. gokiddogo

gokiddogo Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2012
    Ontario Canada
    I prefer carrier for frozen... simply for 6 cyl compressor vs tk 4 cyl compressor...
    I have a 7500 and do frozen and it does a good job. No ice cream though. Just -10. And I don't get too far south in extreme heat.
    If I wasn't doing frozen I would have bought a tk.
    The carrier is also about 175 pounds lighter than tk as well.

If you look around at the frozen shippers and receivers who have drop yards, you generally find more carrier than tk.

bzinger Thanks this.
  4. Ron379X

Ron379X Bobtail Member

Aug 9, 2018
    If you are thinking about hauling Frozen be careful about how the trailer is built I have a carrier 7500 x4 it works great no problem but carrier dealers are expensive you need to look for a trailer that has Xtra insulation ice cream runs at -20 I had a hard time finding a trailer because most trailer salesman don't know specs ask for a ice cream trailer any salesman who knows what they are doing will know what you a talking about 3 inches all the way around will work great

5. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    Fat insulation -20 all the way around. God knows Ive hauled many loads of that stuff. It was a carrier for me. But company issued.

6. STexan

STexan Road Train Member

Oct 3, 2011
    Longview, TX
    And loaders hate loading pallets in sideways on ice cream trailers with the slightly thicker walls. It’s a snug fit especially with bad rebuilt pallets.

7. Tarheel005

Tarheel005 Bobtail Member

Aug 10, 2022
    Is the extra insulation listed most times or do we need to inquire on it? Is there a way to find out without asking?

8. DRTDEVL

DRTDEVL Road Train Member

Jan 27, 2013
    Austin, MN
    Get a Carrier 7500 X4 and a Great Dane trailer. Properly set up, they will drop the interior at least 1 degree per minute in the summertime and hold temps like nobody's business.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.