TNI gets Bolt's Goat

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by UturnGirl, Aug 12, 2020.

1. UturnGirl

UturnGirl Road Train Member

Jan 16, 2010
    Texas
    Bolt Goat exercises his civic duty today.
    20201013_183240.jpg

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Lonesome

Lonesome Mr. Sarcasm

Dec 15, 2007
    Northern Indiana
  4. UturnGirl

Jan 16, 2010
    Texas
    Folks, I try not to be a douche. But sometimes it just happens. Today, at a rest area in Arkansas, I stopped between two parked trucks and strrretttchhed my back and arms with a horrible grimace on my face, not realizing the truck I was standing in front of had the truck in gear and was waiting to take off.

If that was you, or if a tni truck driver did some other nitwit thing to you...if it was I, I am sorry. Didn't mean to be "that guy"

5. Lonesome

Lonesome Mr. Sarcasm

Dec 15, 2007
    Northern Indiana
    Well, at least you can admit it.....:D

mjd4277 and UturnGirl Thank this.
  6. UturnGirl

Jan 16, 2010
    Texas
    Gloom. Sort of. I've gotten comfortable at TNI. They pay on time as long as I scan bills on time. I even got 2 of the 500$ bonus' for 12k miles in a month. My dispatcher likes me. They leave me alone and any repair or appointment issue I've had is resolved easily. Whenever I'm ready to take time off, I can for as long as I want, up to 29 whole days. Their quirks like def purchase and truck wash are no big deal.

So why gloom? The pay is just a bit below average. 44 a mile and layover, delay next to nothing. If my covid debt hadn't built up so high, that would be OK too. But I'm treading water.

So I finally applied to a company that has loose standards and pays 55 a mile plus a huge sign on bonus, and was turned down because I was fired from Bolt for safety issue. I'm screwed.

I almost didnt reveal the company name cuz I'm embarrassed and they have rotten reviews, but why ask your opinion if I don't give you the facts? It was MTS. There i said it.

Also re: Poly, I did a pro and con list and it has too many checks on the con side for me to make the switch even if I could...unless I was broke.

My brother in law offered me a job hauling logs in Oklahoma but it sounds like starvation wages to me.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2020
    Dale thompson, Lonesome, drlmi and 8 others Thank this.
  7. BM 58

BM 58 Heavy Load Member

Jun 25, 2019
    Suggestion: Keep your record clean and stay where you are for a year. Then get on at Fed ex. Make twice the money and half the bs of all the mega fleets out here. Have a life again.

8. Cat sdp

Cat sdp . .

Apr 8, 2012
    Orion's Belt
    3 jobs in a year ? Or close to it...... you kinda have to stick it out somewhere. Job hopping is hurting you as much as being fired for safety reasons.

magoo68 and p608 Thank this.
  9. Lonesome

Lonesome Mr. Sarcasm

Dec 15, 2007
    Northern Indiana
    Hang in there, UTurn, this too shall pass.

10. UturnGirl

Jan 16, 2010
    Texas
    I spent a full year at Bolt, and was at jbhunt (this last time) for a year and half. But that is still job hopping, I know.

Jon Hull Thanks this.
  11. UturnGirl

Jan 16, 2010
    Texas
    Best answer. Thank you.

PacoTaco, dunchues, kemosabi49 and 4 others Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.