to all end dump haulers...

Discussion in 'Tanker, Bulk and Dump Trucking Forum' started by leo319, Jan 25, 2012.

1. blade

blade Heavy Load Member

Jan 30, 2009
    Some where, Mo
    Well good evening all from horrible cold Ann Arbor mi!! Well almost as far as I’m going till Monday anyway!! I’ve had a very interesting week so far hauling salt then fluff then coke and now scrap again. I’ve definitely got a learning experience this week with Coke if you don’t get it below your bows your tarp is in trouble. Also learned that trying to save a buck on plastic isn’t a good ideal so Hope doubling up will save me Soon as it warms up get to dick with my sprayer couldn’t get it to work today hence using plastic.. hopefully everyone else had a great week and a even better weekend

motocross25 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. NightWind

NightWind Road Train Member

Nov 11, 2006
    Sunny South, AL
    Hey there Sounds like a rough week. You're not far from my sister and brother in Battle Creek! We don't tarp coke cause it eats tarps for a snack. Plastic is your friend in some situations. I was talking to one of my customers about the release agent they use in the plant and he told me it's good to -35 or 40 and cost about 4 buck a gallon. Just for the heck of it I'm going to get some to spray in my old trailer and see how it works. I keep the sprayer in the truck where the heat is when I'm in that kind of weather. Stay warm and be careful Good to hear from you.

motocross25 and blade Thank this.
  4. blade

blade Heavy Load Member

Jan 30, 2009
    Some where, Mo
    Just a learning experience Pennsylvania has a cover wagon law or some crap the guard told us so couldn’t leave without tarping but it was definitely a learning experience let me know the name of the agent and where I can get some sounds like it would work great

NightWind Thanks this.
  5. NightWind

Nov 11, 2006
    Sunny South, AL
    I think what they use s like the stuff tnpete is talking about Clear Release. It's made by
    KT Chemicals
    1002 N Central Expressway, Suite 499
    RichardsonTX 75080
    Tel: 1-(855) 932-2228
    Email: info@kt-chemicals.com
    Web Site: http://www.kt-chemicals.com

tnpete and blade Thank this.
  6. NightWind

Nov 11, 2006
    Sunny South, AL
    Hi ya'll hope everyone is safe and warm. It's been an aggravating non profit week for the most part for me. I noticed some issues with the front of my tarp system. contacted Wink they said take it to a Shurco dealer so I did. They had to make new mounting brackets for the front part of the tarp system because the dealer that installed the system OBVIOULSLY didn't know what they were doing. Thank goodness Canvas Products in Dothan, AL does! They had a company located close to them make the new brackets with their plasma cutter. I was impressed! Outstanding job! Then Friday morning I left running the A/C on the truck, got to the plant about 2:45 AM in the rain and fog only to get soaked. I dump the load get out the wind almost blows me over, rain tries to drown me as I go check the tailgate. Lo and behold the rear arm of my tarp system is on the ground. Deadhead 200 miles back to the tarp shop spend most of the remaining day there rebuilding the rear brackets and welding a support plate. Wink trailers paid for everything and is paying me for the lost revenue so I guess I shouldn't complain. It's probably going to be slow here next week because people in the south don't like to work when it's below freezing. Oh yea an update on the double flex blow, SO far the are performing well and clean up with soap and water. I did get a negative report on them but I won't post it until I get the pictures of the bows.

tnpete, motocross25 and blade Thank this.
  7. motocross25

motocross25 Road Train Member

Sep 23, 2010
    Overland Park, KS
    Sounds like you’ve had an interesting week! Mine was wildly unproductive. Monday I loaded tie plates for the railroad and brought them down to Oklahoma, stayed the night down there and drug electric motors out of Wichita and dumped them Tuesday. Wednesday I loaded out of New Market MO for Jefferson City and got steel wire tire scrap out of Macon. I wasn’t able to dump it Wednesday and Thursday I-29 was all iced over so I got rid of it Friday. Picked up DDG and dropped the trailer in the yard for someone to take Monday as I’m off since I completely forgot about MLK day and my daughter is off of school. So I’m gonna hit it Tuesday with an overnight run to St. Louis. The amount of cold in KC with no real precipitation is making for some slow times. The new truck I got tho is super nice and the coffin sleeper is better than I thought it’d be!

Oxbow, blade and NightWind Thank this.
  8. NightWind

Nov 11, 2006
    Sunny South, AL
    My week was mild weather wise compared to yours. I'm glad you like your new truck, I just can't see having a truck without some type of sleeper cause you never know especially in this weather when you might get stuck some where.

motocross25 and blade Thank this.
  9. motocross25

motocross25 Road Train Member

Sep 23, 2010
    Overland Park, KS
    Yes exactly!! I’m glad to have it I think it’ll definitely come in handy while not limiting my options on what I can do. Better to have than to want I always say!

NightWind Thanks this.
  10. blade

blade Heavy Load Member

Jan 30, 2009
    Some where, Mo
    Good morning or afternoon whichever works!! @motocross25 loaded with two of your coworkers yesterday in Minnesota I assume they both will beat me to Jacksonville!! @NightWind sorry to hear bout your tarp issues thanks to my load of coke I’ll be using tarp tape to make some temporary repairs till I get back to KC. I can say the cold has not slowed down the northeast at all but I’m tired of being a popsicle so hopefully I get at least one warm day when I get south before heading home hopefully everyone is enjoying there day at home or wherever they may be

motocross25 and NightWind Thank this.
  11. blade

blade Heavy Load Member

Jan 30, 2009
    Some where, Mo
    I truly feel for whoever is picking up that DDG I could go the rest of my life and never haul that crap again

motocross25 and NightWind Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.