to all end dump haulers...

Discussion in 'Tanker, Bulk and Dump Trucking Forum' started by leo319, Jan 25, 2012.

1. NightWind

NightWind Road Train Member

Nov 11, 2006
    Sunny South, AL
    Good to hear from you! I'm sure you're looking forward to getting to Jacksonville (assuming it's in FL) Gorilla Tape works good for tarp repairs. I have a heat gun that I can repair tears if I'm somewhere with electricity. I highly recommend Canvas Products in Dothan,AL for repairs. They can do anything and they are fast. I'll bet you are tired of being cold. I decided to stay in this weekend and just cook. Headed towards MS Monday. Be careful and stay warm.

motocross25, Oxbow and blade Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. blade

blade Heavy Load Member

Jan 30, 2009
    Some where, Mo
    Yes Florida is right I’m born and raised in the south I really don’t care for any temp below freezing!! Definitely don’t care for the below zero temps the last couple of days. I will add some gorilla tape too the toolbox. I’ve used tarp tape on steel and lumber tarps even on tarps for grain wagons works really well in warm temps if you do both sides and no heat gun required but it’s really expensive. If I get towards Dothan I’ll give them a call!! I got family I. Enterprise Alabama

motocross25 and NightWind Thank this.
  4. NightWind

Nov 11, 2006
    Sunny South, AL
    If you get over there talk to Jeff (his dad owns Canvas products) or Sean is the service rep I deal with. Let me know and I'll PM you their cell numbers.

motocross25 and blade Thank this.
  5. motocross25

motocross25 Road Train Member

Sep 23, 2010
    Overland Park, KS
    I know!! Soon as he said “go ahead and drop that I’ll have someone deliver it Monday” I couldn’t get back and out from under it and get it outta my life fast enough!

NightWind and blade Thank this.
  6. NightWind

Nov 11, 2006
    Sunny South, AL
    If some one is in that big of a hurry that they can't let you dump and then back in to dump there is a serious safety problem. Ever see a trailer land on top of another truck's cab that has a driver in it? have it's not pretty. I don't allow anyone/anything in a truck, car, standing around next to me when I'm dumping. If people are that stupid you have to get them moved away one way or another.

blade Thanks this.
  7. blade

blade Heavy Load Member

Jan 30, 2009
    Some where, Mo
    I can’t even bring myself to make the comment I was going to. I’m nervous just dumping can’t imagine anyone wanting to stand around and watch me dump

NightWind Thanks this.
  8. tnpete

tnpete Medium Load Member

Jun 25, 2013
    Tn
    What length is the half round trailer you have coming? And the one your pulling now?
    Also on the half round, will it have the plastic on the sides and tailgate also? Did they give you a empty weight or what it may be?
    Stay warm here in West Tn. It was -1 last night, but warming up to 60 this weekend. And have had snow on the ground 7 days.

NightWind Thanks this.
  9. blade

blade Heavy Load Member

Jan 30, 2009
    Some where, Mo
    Afternoon gentlemen!! I have had a very interesting 24 hours got stuck on a hwy in South Georgia! four hours gone thanks to Mother Nature and Georgia’s lack of salt or plow trucks!! To top it off I was rear ended by a 17 year old kid!! Thankfully no injuries and my receiver was kind enough to come open the gate so I could still dump my load!! Reloaded this morning with marble chips!! Pull on the scale and it said 32,000 for a empty weight my head starts spinning I was full of fuel no way that was right!! Scale master says scale is freezing up so the scale is off we’ll have to guess!! Thank goodness this cheap load doesn’t pay by the ton!! Hopefully tomorrow I’ll be home to see my lovely wife for some R/R. Hopefully everyone else has had a quiet week not even going to bring up my luck Tuesday have a good weekend all

NightWind and motocross25 Thank this.
  10. Sidelined

Sidelined Light Load Member

Sep 1, 2011
    northeast, MS
    I just read most of this thread. I am considering leasing to an end dump company. Living in northeast Miss. Im not sure who would be the best company to go with. Do you guys have any suggestions?

NightWind Thanks this.
  11. Lwood53

Lwood53 Medium Load Member

Aug 5, 2014
    do any of y'all have any insight on CDJ bulk Express out of SC

NightWind Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.