to all end dump haulers...

Discussion in 'Tanker, Bulk and Dump Trucking Forum' started by leo319, Jan 25, 2012.

1. blade

blade Heavy Load Member

Jan 30, 2009
    Some where, Mo
    Welcoming @Jsharp074 hope you enjoy the challenge of pulling a frameless like the rest of us do. And you come back to tell us plenty of stories

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Jsharp074

Jsharp074 Bobtail Member

May 11, 2018
    I will be hauling sand gravel xout for pacing outfit 30'+ long end dump frameless just the ram and box. Southern Idaho. Thanks to all who replied this site is very usefull and you boys are very helpful thanks for helping the newbies with end dumps. God bless yall

blade and NightWind Thank this.
  4. NightWind

NightWind Road Train Member

Nov 11, 2006
    Sunny South, AL
    Welcome!
    I can tell by the way my trailer looks in the mirror and how it feels which is somethings you'll learn after pulling a dump for a while. I also watch where the loader starts tipping his bucket along with physically looking at the load. I like to be loaded a certain way and politely ask the loader operator to load me the way I want it to ride. I also like it loaded heavier in the front as it's much easier to slide the load backwards if I'm over too much on my drives. I don't have a spread axle trailer so how I'm loaded is important. Frame trailers and frameless you lock the trailer brakes. Good luck!

motocross25 Thanks this.
  5. NightWind

Nov 11, 2006
    Sunny South, AL
    Hope we run across each other I'll be around Panama City again first thing Monday but headed north from there.

blade Thanks this.
  6. Jsharp074

Jsharp074 Bobtail Member

May 11, 2018
    Whats a spread axle I no drop and tag but not a spread

NightWind Thanks this.
  7. NightWind

Nov 11, 2006
    Sunny South, AL
    See the space between the two axles that is called a spread axle and you can load 40,000lbs. on the trailer axles instead of the 34,000lbs. on regular tandems
    dump trailer_1.jpg

blade Thanks this.
  8. blade

blade Heavy Load Member

Jan 30, 2009
    Some where, Mo
    And for being over the road and based out of Kansas it’s the only kind of trailer I would wanna pull

NightWind Thanks this.
  9. blade

blade Heavy Load Member

Jan 30, 2009
    Some where, Mo
    Well it sounds like I’m gonna miss you hoping to be reloaded in Tate Ga by mid morning early afternoon

10. NightWind

Nov 11, 2006
    Sunny South, AL
    I've really never had an issue getting load so I can axle out but then I know how much goes where and most loader operators key word most will co-operate since I have been known to put the entire load back on the ground and make them start over. That makes them look really bad.

blade Thanks this.
  11. blade

blade Heavy Load Member

Jan 30, 2009
    Some where, Mo
    Here in Kansas Nebraska and Oklahoma I can run 85,500 I know guys do it with a tandem but my luck I’d get pulled over by a dot with portables. And I really need to reconsider a tandem cause they do seem to be cheaper and easier to come across. Most of my trucking was flatbed so I’m used to spreads as long as a guy has a lift or dump for turning they seem to be easier to load but I’m sure with time I’d get used to loading a tandem as well

NightWind Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.