to all end dump haulers...

Discussion in 'Tanker, Bulk and Dump Trucking Forum' started by leo319, Jan 25, 2012.

1. Gambino1994

Gambino1994 Light Load Member

Jan 22, 2009
    causing a situation
    This isn’t me or my style but I chuckle at this kinda crap

Attached Files:

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. whosfate

whosfate Light Load Member

Jan 17, 2018
    State College, PA
    Just found my retirement plan! Shhhh...don’t tell anyone else, I don’t want competition. LOL.

4. Gambino1994

Gambino1994 Light Load Member

Jan 22, 2009
    causing a situation
    Got another email on another joke, wheat from Pulaski Wisconsin to Peru Illinois for $.30/bushel
    That’s $240 for 270 miles

NightWind Thanks this.
  5. ChicagoJohn

ChicagoJohn Road Train Member

Jan 14, 2016
    Chicago
    I never pulled hopper only end dump, but if my math is correct it's about 33 bushel per ton. That's $9.90/ton. (I know you did the math already) Holy crap is that cheap! Do guys actually haul it for that rate?

blade Thanks this.
  6. blade

blade Heavy Load Member

Jan 30, 2009
    Some where, Mo
    #### whatever list you on I don’t ever wanna be on it but somebody hauling it

NightWind Thanks this.
  7. blade

blade Heavy Load Member

Jan 30, 2009
    Some where, Mo
    Hopper bottoms haul it all day at least the bottom feeders

NightWind and ChicagoJohn Thank this.
  8. blade

blade Heavy Load Member

Jan 30, 2009
    Some where, Mo
    From Peru it’s only a hundred miles over to the adm plant to reload corn gluten or pellets I’m sure Oakley or Atlantic would gladly haul it then go wait ten hours in line at adm!! Have I ever mentioned I don’t miss pulling a hopper

NightWind and ChicagoJohn Thank this.
  9. NightWind

NightWind Road Train Member

Nov 11, 2006
    Sunny South, AL
    It's all good. Been busy a heck here! The weather is aggravating as I can't keep anything clean.
    @blade thanks but you keep your trailer and make some money with it. My trailer is structurally fine, but I am irritated over the cracks in the welds and Winks failure to handle it. That's another story to play out and should be interesting.
    @Trashtrucker1707 sorry I have been missing you when you've been around. Glad everyone is doing OK and waving hand in here so at least we know everyone is alive and kicking.
    @whosfate don't despair it will get better. You're also in a learning curve which makes things harder.
    Welcome to all the new faces
    Happy Trails

blade Thanks this.
  10. Trashtrucker1707

Trashtrucker1707 Road Train Member

Dec 30, 2017
    I had a pretty busy week, left the house on Sunday at 10AM (which is enough to make me re-think my life's decisions), got up to Steele AL and kicked back until the AM, watched the first episode of The Walking Dead, I still watch it, because after investing 9 seasons I've got to see where it goes. After I dumped in Steele, I bounced over to Whitestone, GA making use of Alabama 411, some beautiful country out there but the sun was nowhere to be found.

I brought my GA load down in to Florida, and then loaded some rims for the long hike up to Huntsville, AL, that's the first time I've been there and the scenery was breathtaking. I knocked that off and came in to Birmingham, made it to Montgomery for the night and hung out in @NightWind territory at the Cracker Barrel. I woke up Thursday, went to leave and the truck fell on its face, I've been dealing with an algae issue in the tanks and it showed its arse again, I limped the old girl back to Lake City and hopefully righted the issue.

Had a super easy Friday, knocked my red rock off and came back home, did some moto therapy this morning in Tampa, and sent some jumps entirely too big for me to be doing at my age, but hell life is about scaring the crap out of yourself from time to time and motocross definitely has a way of doing it for me. I'll load Monday and head to Pensacola, safe travels all.

11. motocross25

motocross25 Road Train Member

Sep 23, 2010
    Overland Park, KS
    @Trashtrucker1707 whats going on with Supercross this year? I haven’t been keeping up.

NightWind Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.