To all those truck haters we share the road with.

Discussion in 'Heavy Haul Trucking Forum' started by soloflyr, Aug 31, 2018.

1. NavigatorWife

NavigatorWife Road Train Member

Apr 30, 2012
    Cental West, AL
    Before trucking driving my husband was over a catfish feed mill. They got grain in by rail. They had to have a back up emergency plan when the rail was 3 days late getting the load to them The merge on the railcars was really expensive too, they had to be gone ASAP. To me it was a very unreliable source of supply. And mills have only so much storage room to keep extra ingredients on hand.

Oxbow Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. homeskillet

homeskillet Road Train Member

Jun 1, 2013
    Dayton, OH
    Most of the rank-and-file railroaders I met while I was working for the railroad were fascinated by trucks. When they found out I had been a trucker, they'd ask question after question. Wanted to know all about it.

Read rail trade magazines, and you'll find most rail execs realize that intermodal is the main reason rail is still viable.

In the 1990s, ethanol used to get to gasoline loading racks by rail car. Near me, it's all trucked in now.

One time as our engine was going through a crossing, I looked out the window and saw a truck driver screaming at me with both middle fingers raised. Oh well.

NavigatorWife, cke and snowman_w900 Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.