To everyone that has white coat syndrome when getting BP taken.

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by longhairdontcare, Sep 18, 2018.

1. Moose1958

Moose1958 Road Train Member

Dec 17, 2010
    Williesburg, Virignia
    Show me via a link? Please! This makes about the 5th time I have asked for one. I can NOT find one single place in the FMCSA medical rules where this is stated. NOWHERE!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. WesternPlains

WesternPlains Road Train Member

Sep 1, 2017
    The FMCSA is not the AMA.
    You show me a link that says the “process” requires denial of the card that day. Where?

4. Moose1958

Dec 17, 2010
    Williesburg, Virignia
    I'm out of it! You are not even making a coherent argument. However for the record. It is the FMCSA that regulates this not the AMA. By process I was saying the things a driver has to do if a physical is denied. My god man are you even reading my comments?

bigguns Thanks this.
  5. Midwest Trucker

Midwest Trucker Road Train Member

Aug 31, 2018
    Doctors and dentists make me nervous as hell! Ok, not nervous flat out scared. :\

WesternPlains Thanks this.
  6. WesternPlains

Sep 1, 2017
    Are you reading my comments?
    This driver has had many physicals denied. This driver talks for 30 seconds. Then hands the examiner an A1C test. Thus this driver has completed the “process” in 32 seconds flat. The examiner jumps at signing off the DOT medical card.
    The OP does the same with a letter.
    Are you comprehending anything?

7. WesternPlains

Sep 1, 2017
    I agree. They must all be a little whacko to want to do that for a living in the first place.

8. Ridgeline

Ridgeline Road Train Member

Dec 18, 2011
    Michigan
    It doesn't work all the time, the examiner can and will often refuse anyone other than your pcp position on this subject. And I say this with a lot of experience on this subject.

9. Moose1958

Dec 17, 2010
    Williesburg, Virignia
    I sent an email to a good friend of mine that works in a carrier safety dept late last night. I am also planning to place a call to another friend of mine that works in the main office of one of those urgent care clinics. I am trying to nail this down. What I got back on my email about 20 minutes ago was this. the FMCSA REQUIRES the ME to do ALL the testing called for on the top of page 3 of that medical form. They can accept a letter that helps them to do this. One such example is a letter with A1C results from a recent test that shows control. This way if there is a bit of protein discovered the ME can get more information so they can make an informed ruling. I can tell you right now most all diabetics even with their diabetes under control will have a trace of protein in their urine. In my case I had to use a letter I got from the Ophthalmologist in Ohio that removed that piece of glass from my eye before I could get my next physical. In that letter (that I still have BTW) the doctor went line by line what happened and how it was fixed and the results of my eye exam. The ME then tested my eyes and noted the letter on my long form. The long and short of it is simple. FMCSA registered MEs can and do accept letters that can help them with determining a persons fitness to drive. However that testing as outlined on the top of page 3 of that medical form is required per FMCSA regulations. ANYBODY that comes in here saying otherwise is spreading myths and falsehoods!

NOW I'm really out of it!

tucker Thanks this.
  10. Mattflat362

Mattflat362 Road Train Member

Feb 18, 2015
    Avon Lake, Ohio
    I gotta say I am fit as a fiddle and I have never ever heard anything bad about my blood pressure until these DOT physicals. I call BS! They always say oh you are a little high did you drink coffee? Are you nervous?

I don't do nervous.

One time I was watching very closely and caught a tech writing down the wrong BP! I said hey man what are you doing and he said oops I almost made a mistake. I was like dude that is a mistake that can really screw with someones life please don't ever make it again for anyone ever.

I should have reported him just to be sure he is not a trucker hater or something???

CYA and trust no one. We are all just humans performing tasks and mistakes can get made! And then God forbid you toss in agendas! The system is stacked against all!

11. longhairdontcare

longhairdontcare Light Load Member

Sep 4, 2016

I've been trying to tell him he can get verification that all of this is true by simply calling a DOT physical location and telling them he has white coat syndrome and can get a note from a doctor saying his blood pressure is normal.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.