To go or not to go help

Discussion in 'Averitt' started by Onystee counts, Jul 8, 2015.

1. Onystee counts

Onystee counts Bobtail Member

Jul 8, 2015
    I currently applied to Averitt for regional. I had them do all the background and job checks because they gave me the option so if i attended orientation thats ALL done. Now all ready to go and I get a monkey wrench not from Averitt but ATS called and offered a job. Im so confused now. Both have almost mirrored information as for pay and benefits except pay doesnt top out.at ATS. You home more at Averitt. If you have any good advice please let me know so i can make an informed.decision. Thank you

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. passingthru69

passingthru69 Road Train Member

4. travrich87

travrich87 Bobtail Member

Jun 5, 2015
    Roanoke, Va
  5. TROOPER to TRUCKER

TROOPER to TRUCKER Anything Is Possible

Dec 15, 2014
    Charlotte, NC
    There is no such thing as Regional with Averitt. I drive for them and love it. But forget regional as it doesn't exist. We run lower eastern 31 states or close.

6. chopper103in

chopper103in Road Train Member

Apr 11, 2010
    Crossville,Tn
    One thing good with Averitt is once you have your foot in the door you can move around.
    They will let you transfer you or promote in house before they hire from outside

7. TROOPER to TRUCKER

Dec 15, 2014
    Charlotte, NC
    Forgot about that....after 6 months on the job current employees get first tabs on jobs....granted the golden jobs are just that..lol

8. TROOPER to TRUCKER

Dec 15, 2014
    Charlotte, NC
    How is it coming?

9. Nukem

Nukem Road Train Member

May 11, 2014
    Averitt has many good benefits and is a great company, but you will have to weight what your needs are. I do not know anything about ATS as a company so I won't make any assumptions as to bennies, etc... from them.

But what Averitt calls regional is our Truckload division. The difference is we get home weekly, so MOST of TL drivers do not make the long runs, but there are people within Averitt who do run out to CA, WA, etc... I even did a run out to KS and back. What other companies call OTR we call regional. There is a map of the states we generally run that you can find online if you Google it.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.