Today my co driver broke the air bags on the trailer?

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by dahookup29, Jul 9, 2013.

1. HotH2o

HotH2o Road Train Member

Sep 23, 2012
    Bunyan Springs, Colorado
    That's the biggest load of crap I have heard. Lemme guess. You're the type to blame other people and other things when something goes wrong? He's a trainee! Cut the guy some slack!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. The Challenger

The Challenger Kinghunter

Dec 22, 2007
    East Central FL
    He could have easily called road service at the time of the incident. By waiting and knowing still makes it wrong. I'm not the type to blame people but the type to do whats right.

KH

truckon and 379exhd Thank this.
  4. 379exhd

379exhd Road Train Member

Jun 25, 2012
    rolling through hell
    How is that a load of crap? I don't care trainee or not he is still responsible as well. He didn't call road service right away and get the truck fixed so yes he is just as much to blame. Did he screw up the bags now but he didn't call road service to fix the problem either.

Now if they were both smart and coundlnt wait for road service 4 pairs of vise grips pinch off the lines leading to the bags and haul ###. Rough ride but it'll get you out of a pinch. And get the trailer fixed when it hits the terminal. Also write it up on the dvir. But dont say what the challenger said is a load of crap! As this trainee should have known better. Guess commons sense really isn't very common anymore.

truckon and The Challenger Thank this.
  5. HotH2o

HotH2o Road Train Member

Sep 23, 2012
    Bunyan Springs, Colorado
    That's not what Challenger said. He said that the trainee was responsible for the damage. That is a load of crap. That's like saying if you were riding in your buddy's sports car and he hit and killed someone you would be responsible for the death too. Crap!

6. HotH2o

HotH2o Road Train Member

Sep 23, 2012
    Bunyan Springs, Colorado
    im not arguing that. I'm saying in no way is the trainee responsible for the damage. He was not behind the wheel!

7. The Challenger

The Challenger Kinghunter

Dec 22, 2007
    East Central FL
    While hes not responsible for the damage to the trailer, he still knew and could have done something. By not doing anything hes guilty on knowing that theres a trailer damaged. If they were teaming, he could have sent his DM and or break down a message saying trailer xxxx is damaged. If the company find out, the trainer will be written up for doing the damage and the trainee for NOT reporting it. Their a team. It would be different if the OP had no clue about it but in this case he does.

KH

8. HotH2o

HotH2o Road Train Member

Sep 23, 2012
    Bunyan Springs, Colorado
    Make up your mind. Is he responsible for the damage or not?

9. 379exhd

379exhd Road Train Member

Jun 25, 2012
    rolling through hell
    IF you want to place blame I will settle this once and for all. BLAME THE COMPANY FOR THE DAMAGE!!!

Reasons obviously the trainer didn't know what he was doing to blow all 4 bags. If he blew all 4 bags doing what he did that's ridiculous and if he was working for me he'd be looking for another job. When inexperienced drivers train and stuff like this happens it shows why we have the problems we have in this industry.

Now none of the OPs posts from what I have seen make any real sense so I cannot grapes the full story of the situation that happened nor was I there. I blame both parties all 3 counting the company.

Trainer for blowing the bags
    Trainee for not havint the sense to call road service
    Company for not supplying the trainee with a good trainer.

I now understand why CRST has spring ride vans if this is the type of crap that happens in the dry box world. I have put 3 bags on my tractor at $200/bag. That adds up over a fleet and thats exactly why I would have fired this driver if he worked for me. Trainee would get off with a very stern warning. And flat told next time if you don't call road service you're fired. I don't have time to babysit, I don't have a problem with rookies as I still am a rookie, but when people leave their brain at home I begin to have a problem.

10. HotH2o

HotH2o Road Train Member

Sep 23, 2012
    Bunyan Springs, Colorado
    I don't think being a trainer had anything to do with the driver blowing the bags. Whether the trainee was there or not that incompetent driver would have blown them. Now not only do you want to blame the trainee you also want to blame the company? That's hilarious. I was raised and taught to take responsibility for my actions. But hey, if you feel better pointing the finger elsewhere more power to ya. You two remind me of that guy who posted a few days ago about how his trailer hit a parked truck and how it's his companies fault for giving him a job. Hahahah

11. HotH2o

HotH2o Road Train Member

Sep 23, 2012
    Bunyan Springs, Colorado
    I guess sammys45 can blame the landing gear for "jumping the 5th wheel" or maybe he can blame the truck manufacturer for putting the 5th wheel too low?

postmandav Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.