Torrissi Transport/S. Coraluzzo

Discussion in 'Tanker, Bulk and Dump Trucking Forum' started by Mattaponi Guard, Apr 25, 2014.

1. Sho Nuff

Sho Nuff Road Train Member

Apr 9, 2015
    I see them on the Jersey turnpike all the time. Usually they're one of the slower vehicles on the raod (and for good reason the way 4 wheelers drive on the turnpike). Don't know their payrate, but from what I heard, over $70k and LONG HOURS. Usually they make deliveries to the service plaza's on the turnpike and WaWa's from what I've seen. So maybe ask them if you see them making a delivery to one of these places.

Woodys Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Air Cooled

Air Cooled Road Train Member

Jul 17, 2011
    Baltimore
    Good safety record. I used to see them a lot when I lived in Baltimore. Definitely not the polished rigs we've got out West though!

4. Truckers Report Jobs

5. Woodys

Woodys Heavy Load Member

Mar 16, 2010
    Tampa, FL
    We got them in Florida. Was actually talking to a co-worker who has a friend that worked there. He said they start out at $19/hr and are limited on the amount of hours they work. Which makes me assume they have overtime, but he said that if you been rolling a lot of hours they will make you stay home one day and/or have a short day. He said their schedule goes 5 on / 2 off one week then 6 on / 1 off the next. That kind of schedule makes me think they do OT after 50-55 hours (if they even do OT at all). They seem to have the better equipment out of most outfits down here, but some times the driver pays for that in other areas. Only gas stations I've really noticed them at is Wawa.

Also, heard that they use the driver cameras and have super tight truck performance monitoring on the qualcomm (ie: hard brakes, turnover risk, etc.). I don't think any driver is a fan of the driver monitoring systems, but I will say I've never seen any torrissi guy pull a dumb stunt yet.

bzinger and Sho Nuff Thank this.
  6. Let's Drive 318

Let's Drive 318 Bobtail Member

Aug 26, 2016
    They run you hard, pay is OK
    NJ Pays by the load In Vineland ask for Elwood At tell big Brian McCann sent yoy

7. Sho Nuff

Sho Nuff Road Train Member

Apr 9, 2015
    I guess when you're hauling fuel, SAFETY has to be priority number one. They tend to drive about 5-10 mph below the speed limit. As a matter of fact, ALL fuel haulers in Jersey tend to drive below the speed limit. But sometimes driving that slow on the turnpike causes more problems than good, because then you have everybody trying to PASS the slow GASS hauler and cutting them off all the time. Last thing we need is a tanker explosion from knuckle heads who don't know no better. But your right on the professionalism of those drivers, NEVER seen any of them in an accident before, although once they're empty...man can they fly.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2016
  8. stonecoldbubba79

stonecoldbubba79 Bobtail Member

Jan 11, 2013
    Could you send me some info as well

9. stonecoldbubba79

stonecoldbubba79 Bobtail Member

Jan 11, 2013
    Could your send me some info as well

10. JGarrick1940

JGarrick1940 Light Load Member

Jun 15, 2018
    Montgomery,al
    Old thread... I know.... but I’m interested too for Montgomery Alabama

tank4life Thanks this.
  11. artek

artek Light Load Member

Aug 10, 2016
    NJ
    Gas hauler for wawa stations.
    12-14 hour shifts, 5 stations per day.
    $70k min.
    Expect to work sat & sun for a while.

• Truckers Report Jobs