Tower Hill Ignace On

Discussion in 'Canadian Truckers Forum' started by Jazz1, Dec 7, 2018.

1. Jazz1

Jazz1 Road Train Member

May 7, 2012
    Thunder Bay On
    Tower Hill parking lot now barricaded off. No more parking. Just freakin’ wow!
    This explains the mess of parking at the Petro in Ignace. Could get ugly as the usual suspects plug up lot with their unique parking practices
    Good thing I don’t have to find parking:D

Oxbow, BigHossVolvo, not4hire and 6 others Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. gokiddogo

gokiddogo Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2012
    Ontario Canada
    Wonderful.
    So now the options are.... thunder bay....dryden....prawda....winnipeg....
    Not like thunder bay and Dryden have a lot of spots though either..

Thanks for the update though. I used to stay at that place at ignace and always had something from the restaurant. Flying j should build one right there. I bet it would do well.

4. magoo68

magoo68 Road Train Member

Jun 11, 2011
    st malo mb canada
    On a separate note I notice the old husky/fastgas in Cochrane is being rebuilt .. I’m not sure which brand it will be but you can see diesel and car pumps so I’m assuming a truck stop

5. Jazz1

Jazz1 Road Train Member

May 7, 2012
    Thunder Bay On
    The truck stop parking lot had become a cess pool after a year of no adult supervision on lot.
    My thought would be commercial parking. $10 to get in, validated after spending $10 in the onsite massage parlour/coffee shop.:D
    Tower Hill Truck stop was a busy place 24/7 until 20 years ago, not so since then and they have struggled. . Like most truck stops, just a parking spot to most.
    Back when it was called Big Reds you be lucky to find a seat in the restaurant late night. Red was responsible for getting all the cool model trucks on the walls

Oxbow, BigHossVolvo, magoo68 and 2 others Thank this.
  6. uncleal13

uncleal13 Road Train Member

Apr 9, 2009
    Humboldt, Sk
    Yes I remember pulling in there at 2 in the morning and the restaurant was still half full.

7. HighwaySuperTramp

HighwaySuperTramp Medium Load Member

Feb 8, 2015
    I never stopped there often but whenever I did I had friends that would run by and see my truck parked in the back. They would take it as an opportunity to wake me up to go have breakfast (running nights), to which I always enjoyed as I sleep better on a full stomach, and the food was always delicious!!

Really miss that place.

8. Jazz1

Jazz1 Road Train Member

May 7, 2012
    Thunder Bay On
    CB4D44E0-C3FB-4899-9A28-550C499E6399.jpeg I'm somewhat psychic and I don't believe the Tower Hill be standing very long.....I had visions of "HO's, not HOE's:D

Oxbow, uncleal13 and Phantom Trucker Thank this.
  9. Jazz1

Jazz1 Road Train Member

May 7, 2012
    Thunder Bay On
    If you go by check out all the big 4' rocks along side of C Me Hauler, definitely dividing their property from that of the Hotel. NO THROUGH TRAFFIC!! I think property owners are drawing some very big lines in the sand. Lots happened what with one pillar of the commutity outed as a diddler, then the health dept closing the kitchen. Lot going on in Ignace. Not all well in Peyton Place:rolleyes:

magoo68, dunchues and uncleal13 Thank this.
  10. Jazz1

Jazz1 Road Train Member

May 7, 2012
    Thunder Bay On
    The building has been reduced to rubble

HighwaySuperTramp Thanks this.
  11. HighwaySuperTramp

HighwaySuperTramp Medium Load Member

Feb 8, 2015
    Sad face is sad...

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.