TQL gets the big screw award

Discussion in 'Freight Broker Forum' started by mcgoo422000, Nov 21, 2012.

1. mcgoo422000

mcgoo422000 Medium Load Member

Mar 18, 2012
    Had to post it. get the usual emails today which I delete, there was one load I checked on Al. to TX.
    Paying 2100 not real good considering it has two stops and tarps. I think it's for semen's and they are real pricks at the Atl. place.
    Want you to tarp big metal boxes with razor blade edges, needless to say last time there I didn't.
    Well Bear andddd TQL has this load posted too?? Bear was at 1700 and TQL is atttttttt 1200 they are only making 900 dollars off
    a 2100 load load tha'ts already brokered, whats that like 9000% they make.
    I only call TQL after three or more days of no loads and I laughed at the guy today, which I try and never do.
    I think I will delete TQL from my computer.

VisionLogistics and LSAgentOZR Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. VisionLogistics

VisionLogistics Road Train Member

Dec 8, 2011
    Jellystone
    TQL is a joke. They flat out lie on most of their load postings, and lowball most of their rates unless they need your truck badly.

For instance the other day they were posting Christmas tree loads for $0.95 per mile, total distance under 450 miles, and you only found out the rate and that it was a 2 pick 3 drop multi-city, driver assist, run AFTER you called them. I asked why they never disclose multi-stops on their load listing and the agent couldn't answer. I regret even wasting time completing their carrier packet.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2012
  4. dannythetrucker

dannythetrucker Road Train Member

May 26, 2011
    everywhere, man
    I may have you beat, I called about a loadout van from Dallas - Lemont, IL today and was quoted $50. no joke, not missing a zero. With loadouts I guess they figure you are making money on the load so you should haul cheap. My trailer is in the shop right now so I'm willing to play the game a little, but $50 ? Man, I wish I knew what the broker was getting paid on that. I suspect about $500, no less than $300. I usually make an effort to be polite, but I just said, "no way in hell" and hung up. I couldn't help it !! Even if I found a load straight from Dallas to Lemont to put on that trailer for $5/mile I wouldn't haul that thing for $50........ well, maybe I would....... lol.

5. rollin coal

rollin coal Road Train Member

Mar 29, 2008
    TN
    Wow 95 cents a mile on Christmas trees.... I know the old saying "somebody wi haul it for that" I find that hard to believe on this one though... if somebody is TQL is getting rich..

6. VisionLogistics

VisionLogistics Road Train Member

Dec 8, 2011
    Jellystone
    Yes, and to top it off it was multi-stop AND driver assist, which was probably humping the trees to the end of the trailer so Jim bob and his dad can unload them at their parking lot tree stand.

7. gokiddogo

gokiddogo Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2012
    Ontario Canada
    Yeah and then when you get to the delivery point they tell you that they are going to SELL them out of the back of your truck and you are going to provide storage. Hah.

Fr8Life Thanks this.
  8. Cummins_444

Cummins_444 Medium Load Member

Apr 28, 2008
    Northwest, IN

I think you are missing the opportunity with the load out. I learned this at schilli. We used to grab load outs for $50 bucks and put them in our trailer pool and run them for six plus months. We would run the tires off of them. Brokers were never happy but hey told them the same story no freight going that way.

9. Fatboy42

Fatboy42 Light Load Member

Feb 9, 2011
    Indiana
    About 6 months ago, I got an e-mail from TQL asking if I was intrested in hauling for them. I had never contacted them and really had no idea of them. I am a bulk business with exempt authority. I had them send contract info and was not intrested by it. Does TQL usually contact companies out of the blue. This sent up a flag with me.

10. Working Class Patriot

Working Class Patriot Road Train Member

Jan 17, 2008
    Wherever and Whenever...
    Yep....Yep.....I used to run some TQL loads....Mainly LB port to Wheat Ridge, Co.....SSA to Samuel & Son....Usually stainless plates....I was getting at least $2500 per load and a few loads were getting me $2900 TTT....Then one day they called me up and offered the same load for $1600.....

I asked the agent why the rates dropped...He claimed S&S thought they were getting ripped-off by the rates.....Yeah....I ran those loads at the higher rates through TQL for over 6 months straight...And all of the sudden the rates drop at the same time fuel started to increase by dimes per day?

Yep....Yep....A fool is born every day....But I'm not one of them......

TQL is becoming like UTI......

On an aside....I get excellent rates from CHR......Yeah...They used to be like TQL is now....

11. jess-juju

jess-juju Road Train Member

Feb 19, 2008
    Shelbyville TN
    Now I know why I haven't called TQL on a load :biggrin_25521: I really don't care what the Broker makes as long as I get my rate and if they quote way below the rate I want, its TY for your time and have a great day!

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.