TQL should change their name to TBL

Discussion in 'Freight Broker Forum' started by MayaLogistics, Dec 30, 2020.

1. God prefers Diesels

God prefers Diesels Heavy Load Member

Jun 26, 2020
    South Texas
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. itaff

itaff Medium Load Member

Nov 18, 2013
    I don’t do a lot of TQL loads, had somthing similar happen once where they tried to change the pick up location from Nebraska to Ft Colins, CO. I told them no! They said ok we will look for another driver, I said good luck & don’t forget to send me a TONU because we already signed rate con. The sent me $150 and I picked up for another broker later that day.

But in all TQL been fair, I just hauled an OK city to North Pratt NE for $1800, that’s over $4.00 a mile. They allways pay me what they owe me in a timely manner so no issues with them

4. 86scotty

86scotty Road Train Member

Aug 27, 2017
    Appalachia
    Once you submit your paperwork to TQL they pay fast. I don't think anyone has questioned that. They may mess around on detention or layovers but that's small compared to the run.

Why have you gotten yourself in to a position to where you need the latest run to be paid so you can make a car payment? Sounds like you are in no way set up to succeed in this business. You need months of 'living' money, or your personal/family budget set to the side before you get in to this risky business. 6 months is a good start.

What are you planning to do when your truck goes down?

God prefers Diesels, itaff and p608 Thank this.
  5. God prefers Diesels

God prefers Diesels Heavy Load Member

Jun 26, 2020
    South Texas
    That was my thought as well. But then I saw another one of his posts, and I think he's not trying to make a car payment. I think he's waiting on payment for hauling a car.

6. Cattleman84

Cattleman84 Road Train Member

Nov 1, 2017
    The Sticks, Idaho
    I hate TQL loads... And I'm just a company door slammer. Every single time I get one (which luckily is VERY rare) it ends up being a PITA. But if I do get one, its one of those times that I have told dispatch "Just find me anything going home." You know like when I'm trying to make it home for Christmas, or my kids Birthday something like that. So I just grit my teeth and bear it... Desperate times call for desperate measures.

PPDCT Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Draft saved Draft deleted