TQL - wants me to dead head 200 miles for free

Discussion in 'Freight Broker Forum' started by SoTxTrucker, Jan 18, 2018.

1. p608

p608 Road Train Member

Nov 10, 2016
    Because it's the drivers responsibility to insure it is loaded correctly, I don't know that it should be a charge back, but yeah you need to share the blame.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. 6wheeler

6wheeler Road Train Member

Aug 30, 2009
    It was loaded correct. It was package wrong.

4. rollin coal

rollin coal Road Train Member

Mar 29, 2008
    TN
    I can show you some rate cons from TQL that would blow your mind. So my answer is yes, I will work with them. A person only has to sift out the bull ####. This goes for any broker not just them. A few quick, easy questions by OP could have prevented any surprises in his scenario. Honestly someone not willing to volunteer load information right from the get go, or doesn't even know what they're selling me, those persons are just not going to book my truck at all.

Tug Toy and whoopNride Thank this.
  5. Scooter Jones

Scooter Jones Road Train Member

Apr 19, 2011
    A tactic that I find common with TQL is they will post a load showing the from and to cities and often a rate.

You call and they say they have a load going from and to very close to the load you're calling about, however, the price is lower.

When you ask what about the load they have posted for more money, the response is usually that one's gone now, or they have like 20 similar loads in that area and it will take too long to unravel it.

That's sleazy in my humble opinion.

6wheeler and Tb0n3 Thank this.
  6. rollin coal

rollin coal Road Train Member

Mar 29, 2008
    TN
    Of course. They mislead to draw in calls on something difficult to cover. The solution to this is to have a "sleazeball broker surcharge". Quote 4 or 5 times a typical rate as way to say F you for being a liar. They will get mad or laugh or hang up. Doesn't matter. The agent might even entertain your offer if it is a trucks' setting the rate kind of market. What really upsets them is when they actually entertain your really high offer and you tell them there's no need to deadhead so far when loads within 50 miles are paying just as well or better. IMO even if an agent is willing to pay a high rate their misleading ways make me believe the load has a high probability of being lousy customers, long wait times, and or cancelling. Games can be played both ways. If you are bored and have the time for it. I usually just hang up at the first hint of nonsense without another word.

Tug Toy, PPDCT and whoopNride Thank this.
  7. whoopNride

whoopNride Road Train Member

Jan 13, 2008
    Miss.
    "sleazeball broker surcharge"

LMAO!!

PPDCT Thanks this.
  8. Broker42

Broker42 Bobtail Member

Mar 12, 2015
    As a broker at a very large brokerage, I always offer zip codes to a driver calling in on a post. I've never posted metro to metro nor do we train that as a process.
    That said, if we are competing against TQL or XPO on the same load, I almost always see them posting the same load 3 different ways. Pretty shady IMHO.

9. mitmaks

mitmaks Road Train Member

May 16, 2014
    TQL sucks, then they want you to install macropoint to watch your every move.

6wheeler Thanks this.
  10. mitmaks

mitmaks Road Train Member

May 16, 2014
  11. danny23tx

danny23tx Road Train Member

Feb 16, 2016
    Austin,Tx
    I was in Austin,Tx called on a load to Seattle , I asked all the questions and turns out load starts out in laredo . Told them im not interested in deadheading and they said what do you need ?" Idk $300 in fuel? " Done! My best month all year was pulling TQL loads to Washington .

Im not sure if its standard practice but I always ask and recheck everything before sighning the ratecon . Goodluck

whoopNride Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.