Tractor trailer crash, fuel spill in Cromwell causes delays on I-91 south

Discussion in 'Trucking Accidents' started by Puppage, Oct 23, 2017.

1. Puppage

Puppage Road Train Member

Aug 2, 2012
    Connecticut
    Why do these accidents always happen during rush hour?

Tractor trailer crash, fuel spill in Cromwell causes delays on I-91 south

CROMWELL, Conn. (WTNH)– There were heavy delays on I-91 southbound in Cromwell Monday morning due to a tractor trailer crash that led to a fuel spill.

The Department of Transportation reports that I-91 southbound is congested between exits 23 and 21 because of an accident involving a tractor trailer truck and a car that happened between exits 22N and 21. The crash, which was reported just before 4:30 a.m., closed the two right lanes.

The accident has since been cleared and all lanes have reopened.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. lovesthedrive

lovesthedrive R.I.P.

Nov 11, 2008
    Sorrento Maine
    0430 hours is rush hour? I thought rush hour in Connecticut would have been 0700 to 0900 hours

4. Puppage

Puppage Road Train Member

Aug 2, 2012
    Connecticut
    It’s CT...rush hour is 24/7

mjd4277 and Lepton1 Thank this.
  5. lovesthedrive

lovesthedrive R.I.P.

Nov 11, 2008
    Sorrento Maine
    Nah, CT does slow down some what. Only real rush is when there is a accident and you see all the idiots that try to drive on the shoulder. The funny part is, up ahead there will be a police car that will be ticketing anyone that has driven on the shoulder to get there.

Puppage Thanks this.
  6. mjd4277

mjd4277 Road Train Member

Oct 4, 2015
    Fitchburg,MA
    It is if you’re taking I-91 south to I-95 south to get to NYC...

7. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    I recall a epic, epic and totally epic smashup on 95 at the Q bridge in Conn roughly 1993 A tractor trailer rammed into another tractor trailer. The two sets of vehicles slammed into all 4 lanes of stopped traffic at the high point of the Q bridge.

This was northbound at 5:10 or so. I had passed that point 20 minutes prior.

Anyway. The Connecticut media slams the 95 total closure all that day. Into the night. (Enduring the afternoon rush hour.) Into the next morning, I roll back southbound at 6 am, the same cars, the same people this time sitting around coffee, pizza delivery boxes and junkfood with really bad attitudes, poor hygene and wanting home right now yesterday waiting on the cleanup. They finally opened the road nb at about 2PM that afternoon. It was not until 10 am the next morning on day three I come back north at about 80+ in a 55 zone. with a herd of 4 lanes worth of cars doing 100+ I had maxed out that poor cummins and I could not keep up with the bigger Cats who were abusing me on the radio for holding THEM up....

Puppage Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.