Trainers near Salina Ks

Discussion in 'TMC' started by kenners76, Jun 4, 2017.

1. kenners76

kenners76 Bobtail Member

Jun 4, 2017
    So I'm trying to get on with TMC right now they are doing there background stuff on me. I hopefully will get chosen and I test out on the 13th of this month for my CDL and hoping to start right after that. Just wondering if there are any trainers on here near Salina so I can hopefully get one in order to get home and check my mail weekly. Also if you know how's the freight around Kansas any money or should I plan on relocating my mail in order to make a decent check.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Melon

Melon Bobtail Member

Feb 8, 2017
    Omaha, Nebr
    I can't offer advice on TMC, but if you want to do flatbed and be closer to home - you may check out Kiem TS. I believe they are based out of Sabetha, KS.

kenners76 Thanks this.
  4. tony97905

tony97905 Road Train Member

Feb 28, 2015
    Land of Ahhhhhs
    TMC pulls quite a few loads out of Compass Minerals in Lyons (salt) and I've seen them loading pvc pipe at North American Specialties in McPherson. Not sure about trainers but I see them on a regular basis around Salina loading.

kenners76 Thanks this.
  5. kenners76

kenners76 Bobtail Member

Jun 4, 2017
    Yeah I want to flatbed in school we got a couple vans a tanker and a flatbed we drive and I prefer the flatbed I will check out that other one I am really interested in TMC due to the home time they offer I got 3 little ones at the house they are used to me being gone for work but not two and three weeks gone.

6. Trucky Mctruckface

Trucky Mctruckface Bobtail Member

Dec 17, 2016
    I live in Kansas, freight coming out of here isn't great but you're in a good central location which should get you well paying loads. I've met a trainer out of manhattan and there is at least one in Wichita so hopefully you'll find someone close to you who actually goes home on the weekends, a lot of trainers stay out when they have someone with them.

7. kenners76

kenners76 Bobtail Member

Jun 4, 2017
    Well I applied with Kim today about a half hour ago and the recruiter called me within ten minutes and that seemed pretty solid to me told me to just make sure I had a vehicle at the yard to take home in case they couldn't find a load for Monday to take me towards the house seems fair enough drive 2.5 hours in my POV and I will get home.

8. kenners76

kenners76 Bobtail Member

Jun 4, 2017
    Got hired on at Keim Trucking today they called me while I was at school I start orientation the 19th really want to say thanks to @Melon for the information about them I am still being processed by TMC but they got a thousand people to choose from...

9. Gunner75

Gunner75 Road Train Member

Mar 17, 2014
    Jackson Center Ohio
    I looked into keim couple of years ago, they turned me down saint they couldn't get me home with any regularity

10. kenners76

kenners76 Bobtail Member

Jun 4, 2017
    I'm two hours east of the yard in Kansas just told me to leave a car at the yard in case they didn't have a load heading east seemed fair to me I got myself a job three weeks before I even graduate from school so I'm happy still going to get on with TMC though really want to drive that pretty Peterbilt but then Kenworths they got are pretty sexy also!

11. *Five-0*

*Five-0* Light Load Member

Jun 21, 2014
    Hey...I'm over here!
    What's sexy is the company that fits you better, gets you home when you want, and pays you the most. A truck is a tool.

Highway Sailor Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.