Training as a woman

Discussion in 'Trucking Schools and CDL Training Forum' started by timidlady, Nov 16, 2018.

1. timidlady

timidlady Light Load Member

Sep 25, 2018
    I'm out here training and I'm learning a lot I'm glad I hit my training in the winter so I can see the winter challenges as a driver. If I had started in the summer, I would have never seen how to handle these issues. Like DOT issues from being stuck on a shutdown expressway and additives for fuel, clearing the fifth wheel of snow and ice. But there are issues of training that you don't know until you are out on the road. Like training with a man as a woman. A LOT of these guys (maybe all) pee in containers as they go. I worked in the medical field. Body functions aren't a shocker. But if these crazy dudes would give it a rest, they would have some sensitivity to the needs of their trainee. Imagine driving 6 hours and holding it while your trainer is peeing in bottles and stuffing his face while you struggle through it. So I think right now in all the trucker world, I might be the only person experiencing unintentional weight loss. And after sitting 8 hours so far in this nasty Nor'easter, my trainer is most worried about dropping the load and not the struggling health of my body because he isn't experiencing the same struggle. It's not about the ew factor. I'm not that shy a girl. It's about having an unequal experience. You better believe when I get my own truck it will be equipped with girl bladder rescue gear. But if I'm expected to experience this level of discomfort, these guys better be ready to do the same thing. If we come within any distance of a walmart, I'm grabbing an emergency kit. They sell unisex emergency kits at walgreens. Unisex. Emergency. Kits. Three key words. Hopefully I can find them at Walmart too. Take care, out there.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. jungledrums

jungledrums Heavy Load Member

Oct 28, 2013
    Tennessee
    You have every right to stop at anytime to take a bathroom break. If your trainer doesn't allow you 5 or 10 minutes to relieve yourself, its time to get a different trainer.

4. UturnGirl

UturnGirl Road Train Member

Jan 16, 2010
    Texas
    Girl.. I can't even imagine how you are getting through that. Your trainer is unspeakably thoughtless. I was fortunate back when I was a trainee (long time ago) to have a woman trainer of my own age.

LoSt_AgAiN and Swiss Mountain Dog Thank this.
  5. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    From my Aviation Days Flying we had used small Urine Collectors with sanitizing packets that went into them when trapped above a airport a while doing circles.

In those little containers with hose has a PERFECT FEMALE FIT collector that you put against your organs down there and eliminate the urine without mess, leaking and so on. Zip up when done. No one knows anything, sees anything and so on. Males have a separate recpetical that fits the hose. Sort of a his and hers. Useful for husband and wife.

We also carried a toilet from the camp store. It's a small two liter bucket with a human seat, human litter in a bag ready to go, human chemicals designed to process the smelly package number two and dispose of it very NICE as a single solid BIO waste that is dried up, no stink or mess. Put new bag into toilet and viola ready for next time.

I trained my spouse. I also trained other people. I have been trained myself by both female and male (Now that was a experience, a good one too. NOT THAT GOOD you dirty minded people) anyway.... the bottom line with trainer, trainee = respect.

Part of that Respect is PARKING THAT TRUCK, walking into a bathroom and eliminated that, flush is, clean up seap and water, walk back to truck, log it go back on the interstate and get going. None of this pee bottle. Dancing gotta gotta go or Foley or whatever. It's disrespectful, infectious actually, creates a biohazeard waste problem, and generally disrespects the other party inside the truck who has to smell, hear and infer everything going on with number one or number two.

You would THINK human beings and professionals in general have more respect for one another and actually park it go to the bathroom, clean up and get back out there.

In a Hosptial I am pending surgery. Unfortunately due to the nature of that surgery, they will be installing a foley.

I intend to tell them hand me that tube, the things to go with it. Draw the door shut and give me privacy while I put that thing in myself. It wont come out of there for 4 days anyway. I don't like to put people through what I already put the wife through and that's embarrassing enough. For her, and for myself It's not fitting.

But to hear of trainers and trainees being animals making a mess of everything inside that tractor cab or in the sleeper berth regardless of sanitation and basic man woman type situations as strangers and so on. Not to mention introducing potentially sexual harassment situations when a small percentage of population likes to turn on sexually around body waste act around or near a opposite sex.

Need I go on. This has to stop. Park that truck walk to the bathroom.

What do they want? 200 dollars cash compensation for parking, walking to and from bathroom and the inconvenient of putting up with a second human inside a small tractor trailer?

What have we become. Nothing more than Filthy animals.

One last thing.

No woman, No man should be in fear of losing a job to actually sit there and endure the poopy pee show going on 3 feet from your lying eyes and ears. Potentially all over the stuff you brought from home.

Stand up for yourself darn it. What's DA MATTA with you? And you stupid trainers no excuses. Back to just a driver you go. This time working for Pota Potty exprress INC across town.

6. Ffx95

Ffx95 Road Train Member

May 18, 2017
    If you gotta go whether the trainer wants to or not he should accommodate your needs. Holding it in is not good for your health.

7. x1Heavy

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    VERY true.

You hold? UTI comes along down there. Eventually pressure builds up in Kidney, creating what is called kidney stones by formation among a number of other REALLY bad things, one of which is high blood pressure. After you have trained your body to hold, strain, squeeze, dance and carry higher blood pressure for pee pee, you might be too sick for the next DOT medical.

Ffx95 Thanks this.
  8. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Your trainer is kinky; he loves having so much control over you; he even controls when you can and cannot use a restroom. He's well aware of what he's doing and how it's affecting you. Time for you to move on to another truck or speak up and lay the law down to him. He's sexually harassing you and getting away with it. Let him know you know what's going on.

9. Jazz1

Jazz1 Road Train Member

May 7, 2012
    Thunder Bay On
    Never pee in the truck. There is always time to stop. The guy is a pig

10. MartinFromBC

MartinFromBC Road Train Member

Oct 19, 2018
    And then some wonder why the industry has a bad reputation for truckers being total pigs.
    It is because of pigs like him.
    If a driver ever peed in one of my trucks they would be fired so fast they would not even see it coming.
    Actually my drivers are told to stop about every 3 hours or so, give or take a bit, get out of the truck and walk around it and have a good look at the truck itself and the load. Or go have something to eat, grab a coffee, anything really. But it isn't healthy to sit for more than 3 hours at a time. If they want to stop more frequently by all means do, pull over where it is safe to do so, and go for a walk, or the bathroom, anything really. But a truck cab should be a very clean, calm, respectful space. Living in BC maybe things are different here, but i can't remember the last time I was unable to find a safe place to pull over, and use a washroom within 2 hours of driving on a hwy. Now in the bush it is different, but there just stop almost anyplace and get out to pee in the ditch. While looking to hire another driver last month, I took an applicant with me, she was going to go with me for two days free, and see if she might get the job. She has 6 years experience driving fuel trucks, and was not happy with her current employer is all. First day all she did was sit in the passenger seat while I drove. About 2 hours after pulling out of the yard I stopped, let the truck idle down as I walked around it looking for anything loose or broken, we were empty and on our way to get a processor. After say 4 minutes of idling i shut it off and locked the doors and walked into a restaurant. We had a nice breakfast, and then back on the road, I stopped approximately 2.5 hours later for a walk i took and again look the truck over. I strolled up a trail by a creek for 15 minutes or so, then back on the road, now only 1.5 more hours and we reached our destination. After loading and chaining down the processor we repeated the trip home but an extra stop to check the load and make sure all was good. We ate dinner on the way, and never did more than 2 hours driving without getting out of the truck for at least 10 minutes. Parked in my yard that evening and I sent her home, saying see you tomorrow at 6am to finish delivery. Well day two we again stopped ever couple of hours, not once did we rush, or speed. On the way home in the afternoon of day two, the processor delivered, and now just 3 skid steers on the trailer we are super light weight, narrow and low, I pulled over after driving an hour with the skid steers on and double checked all the chains etc. Said so we are almost like being empty with this measly load at just 36k lbs of skid steers, so your turn at the wheel. Two more stops and we were home, and as we unhooked the lowbed she says to me, I will do anything to work here, you name it and I'll do it. She went on about how calm I was at all times, never panicking or being a douche bag. The other drivers of mine were all laughing and joking with me and each other. How I put safety and my own comfort above just pounding on the miles. She had an opportunity to talk to about 5 of my employees briefly around the yard, and they told her this is how I always am. Well i did hire her about 4 weeks ago now, and she couldn't be happier.
    My thinking is happy drivers, are also safe drivers. I don't condone BS like speeding, peeing in bottles, not showering every single day, yelling or screaming, those are all fireable offenses. The industry has a bad name, because drivers and companies give it a bad name. Tolerating stuff like peeing in the cab is just vile and disgusting. If I were you OP I would have stopped at the next place available and called the truck owner, and reported this jerk. It makes me shed a tear what has happened to the trucking industry. Long story over, if you read it all the way through, thanks, most of you probably stopped after two sentences.

11. x1Heavy

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    Tears indeed. I sometimes wonder myself MartinFromBC.

The battle begins here and out there if need be.

A pee bottle present in a semi truck anywhere should be grounds for instant firing.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.