training company?

Discussion in 'Werner' started by maineiac, Oct 16, 2009.

1. maineiac

maineiac Bobtail Member

Oct 16, 2009
    east side, maine
    alot of posts i read say werner is a training company for the amount of students they hire... I am currently going through school for CDL, however my driving liscense might not be so appealing.. I got 1 ticket and 1 accident 4 1/2 years ago and my liscense was suspended back in 1997 60 days for too many surchargeable events in 1 year... is this driving record going to prevent me from even getting into "training companies" ? or will my 4 1/2 years of clean record be enough to satisfy?

Last edited: Oct 16, 2009
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. 94nole

94nole Light Load Member

Jul 28, 2007
    JAX, FL
    When you ask here, very likely all you are getting is someone's opinion. Granted there are lots of very knowledgeable veterans here but if they aren't recruiters or haven't been a recruiter in a while...why trust what they tell you.

Pick up the phone and call a half dozen companies and speak with someone. They will tell you if you are wasting your time.

4. Rug_Trucker

Rug_Trucker Road Train Member

Aug 7, 2009
    Near Nashville TN
    One local school has a disclaimer on the bottom of their ads for students. It states that companies have tightend up their standards because of the large amount of applicants.

They discouraged me to apply because as of present I have 2 speeding tickets. They were a 3 week school. One will be off my record in December the day I graduate from my 2 month school. The other will be 2 years old in March.

5. maineiac

maineiac Bobtail Member

Oct 16, 2009
    east side, maine
    so you'll have 1 ticket on record? or just 1 ticket within 5 years? cause on my MVR i show tickets and stuff back 10 years.. but most companies seem like they ask about 3 years or 5 years back.. so im hoping things older than 5 years wont matter much even though they show up on record...

6. Rug_Trucker

Rug_Trucker Road Train Member

Aug 7, 2009
    Near Nashville TN
    Before the last 2? I had a speeding ticket in '98, '89, '88. '83 was my first speeding ticket. It was also in an 18 wheeler. :biggrin_25523: (72 in a 55 zone 4 pointer!) No other offences. No arrests for anything.

7. newdriver82

newdriver82 Bobtail Member

Oct 2, 2009
    any info on the allentown terminal ? do they hold any orientations there ? thnx

8. Croosbronx Expressway

Croosbronx Expressway Light Load Member

Oct 27, 2009
    Bronx, NY
    From what I read on past posts. Be truthful with your recruiter don't BS them. It's a bad thing to get started with lying. They will find out, it will only make things worse for you. As a previous poster suggested call your recruiter ask him questions out front. Maybe he or she can help you.

Companies look back at what? 10 years employment and I'm sure your driving record as well. Well, not so many years back for your driving record. But think about it, If it were your company. Would you hire a reckless driver? A driver who continues to violate laws? I'm sure if a driver shows some sort a repetance a willng to correct themselves. they wouldn't have a problem with you.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.