Training out of CDL School

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by Baty Dispatch, Apr 14, 2018.

1. Baty Dispatch

Baty Dispatch Light Load Member

Aug 22, 2011
    Nevada
    Please remember this no matter what anyone else says....
    If you are driving and the trainer is NOT in the passenger seat he is doing it wrong. If he is sleeping he is not a trainer, he is a co-driver. Do not let this happen. It is the company's responsibility to make sure the new hire is properly trained. You cannot be properly trained if you are driving as a team with a trainer.
    When you are interviewing for a job ask them if they allowed their trainers to sleep or be in the bunk when the trainee is in the truck.
    If they say no ask him for that in writing therefore when you are in the truck give it to the trainer to make sure he's on the same page.

Digger130 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Puppage

Puppage Road Train Member

Aug 2, 2012
    Connecticut
    I don’t disagree.

4. UsualSuspect

UsualSuspect Road Train Member

Aug 14, 2016
    Yo Mama's
    I don't disagree, but good luck with finding a training company where once you have your license isn't just teaming with you. The reality is most of the training companies will have the trainer sit shotgun for maybe a week after you test and get your license, and that is if you are lucky.

Chinatown Thanks this.
  5. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Anything over a week is too much. "Go to bed; if I have any questions, I'll let you know."

UsualSuspect and Vic Firth Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.