Trans-Am trucking.

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by Flash Gordon 2009, Sep 24, 2009.

1. Panhandle flash

Panhandle flash Road Train Member

Jul 18, 2008
    Oklahoma City
    Gotta admit that since I came out this time, my miles have dropped badly. Don't know if its a bad time of the year or what. Had a lot of loads with excess time on them. 48hrs for 716 miles, 4 days for 719, and now have 3 days to do under 500 but am hoping the pick up is a drop and hook. Sometimes, no matter what you do, it just sucks.

pinballwizard Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. dixie4

dixie4 Bobtail Member

Jan 4, 2010
    warsaw,il
    is transam trucking a good company to work for as a student

4. andrew5184

andrew5184 Light Load Member

Apr 13, 2008
    Sapulpa, OK
    Panhandle,

How is your hometime, being from OK City? I'm in Tulsa, myself. Get many loads to/from these parts?

Thanks

5. Panhandle flash

Jul 18, 2008
    Oklahoma City
    Dixie,
    This company, like all the others, is what you make of it. They have some really good trainers and some really crappy ones. Luck of the draw. Also will need to remember that we are all autos, if that is a consideration for you.
    1st 6 mos will be slow and suck at times. Run your loads, be there on time or earlier and hope that you get a good FM!!
    Andrew,
    Yes they do deliever to places in OK. Hometime hasn't been much of a problem for me. Usually drop off in Duncan or Ardmore, then am deadheaded home. Coming off of hometime, usually pick up in Liberal, Dodge City, or Holcamb, KS and head east.
    Sorry it took me so long to get back to answering ya'll. Usually not that bad. Am in PA, doing hometime with the sister and going to help her celebrate her 50th BD.

6. pinballwizard

pinballwizard Light Load Member

Jan 4, 2010
    s.w.georgia
    Pnahandle flash
    guess i'm gonna be joining you out there somewhere as im going to 'tation the 27th.
    Anything aside from a positive 'tude?

7. msh800x

msh800x Bobtail Member

Feb 16, 2010
    upstate ny
    im looking at coming back to TA, i was at GSTC which was a great comapny till the owners handed it to the kids and it went down hill, been at millis 1.5 years, but sick of getting nothing but 200-300 mile loads for the 2-3 weeks that i stay out, and their "the less the driver knows" the better. i left transam back in 1999 to try local work, but on good terms, i just would like some info on a few things..
    (i got 14 yrs exp , no wrecks or tickets, hopefully that will help me get into there)

what is the pay scale
    for experience, and what bonuses do they have?

i know they got t600's &660's, but what kind of trannys, motor, interior, and do they have prepass/ezpass/pikepass/whateverpass?

is johnny jacobson still running things there and do they still have the open door policy? i still remember the old terminal, and when they went to the new one and let Russ the bean counter take over, it wasnt so open door.

and...what speed are the trucks limited to? (i dont mind 65, but if its down to 62 or less, it dont make sense, what with oh & il finally letting us run 65)

thanks for any info you guys might be able to provide...as for the lease program, i dont plan on it, i have never heard anything good about flease programs from anybody.:Utility ATV:

8. losttrucker

losttrucker Road Train Member

Mar 9, 2008
    greenville,nc
    Lets see the engine are cats the tranny is 10sp auto they do have all the passes except florida I think company trucks are 62 and yes Russ is the man in charge

9. msh800x

msh800x Bobtail Member

Feb 16, 2010
    upstate ny
    dang,thats a big change from when i was there, they use to run about 70

10. Panhandle flash

Jul 18, 2008
    Oklahoma City
    Since you've got experience, they'll also try to force you to go lease. Good luck if you do come back. As to the interior, have to admit that they are nice. Have APU's, inverters, and itty, bitty fridges in them.
    Have talked to several successful L/O's and all have stated, that to make money as an L/O, you have to be able to run it as a business.

11. msh800x

msh800x Bobtail Member

Feb 16, 2010
    upstate ny
    thanks for the info, got a few more ??? while im pestering y'all, what kind of interior do they have on the 660'(just out of curiosity, im not looking for a rolling mansion), like storage space, or if they have small stuff like the fold out desk like i had on the 600 i previously drove for them, and how good do the apu's run?

as for the l/o stuff, i will resist it few the 1st few months, but might consider it if this ##### up economy gets going again, i know freight kinda sucks everywhere right now.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.