TransAm - Olathe, KS, recent grad, company drivers!

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by toshiden2, Dec 9, 2010.

1. toshiden2

toshiden2 Bobtail Member

Dec 9, 2010
    VA
    I've heard all the horror stories of getting into a lease with TransAm, and a lease with any company is something I'm not even going to consider. But for the few company drivers I have heard from, TransAm seems decent. Any company drivers share their experience?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Panhandle flash

Panhandle flash Road Train Member

Jul 18, 2008
    Oklahoma City
    I'm all thru the various TA posts. Have you read them? I've tried to post both the good and bad about them.

4. zyk285

zyk285 Medium Load Member

Sep 14, 2010
    North Carolina
    If you can't find nothing about TransAm on here, Im not sure what to say. It is EVERYWHERE:biggrin_25523:

5. Gears

Gears Trucker Forum STAFF - Gone, But Not Forgotten.

Aug 20, 2009
    One of the worst things you can do in my opinion is lease onto a company that also has it's own company drivers.
    You'll be better off staying a company driver.

6. toshiden2

toshiden2 Bobtail Member

Dec 9, 2010
    VA
    Yeah company driver is my only option right now. But from what I've read on the other forums, TransAm seems to keep you rolling for the most part, has better starting pay than most of the other companies hiring recent grads, and has really nice trucks. I know they also have a rider program, but what are the details on that? Do you have to wait a certain amount of time or can you take someone right after training? Going to take the wife with me.

7. geetarman

geetarman Bobtail Member

Jul 24, 2010
    Right Here
    Can take a rider right away. Costs $10 month. Just have to fill out rider form and get it to company beforehand.

8. toshiden2

toshiden2 Bobtail Member

Dec 9, 2010
    VA
    Thanks for the info everyone. Headed for Kansas the first week of January. Now if only the snow would melt so I could get some more practice in.

9. toshiden2

toshiden2 Bobtail Member

Dec 9, 2010
    VA
    Got my greyhound ticket today. It has the wrong date on it. My recruiter says it will still work on the correct date. Greyhound says I'll need to pay a 15 dollar fee and get a new ticket. Interesting.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.