Transco Lines Inc, do not believe anything!

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by Batglory, Apr 16, 2018.

1. Batglory

Batglory Bobtail Member

Apr 16, 2018
    Ringgold, GA
    I can only blame myself for not doing the research on this company prior to agreeing to haul freight for them. To make matters worse I did sign on as a lease purchase driver but when asked for three separate drivers settlement forms to do some profit and loss comparisons the numbers must have been completely fictitious! Running those numbers back and forth numerous times my needed miles per week would have been 2600 to still make the mark of a final payout of 1000 dollars. I reached that goal on average and my pay never broke that amount ever! I even took a hefty twenty percent off the top prior to agreeing to the lease terms.

Out of orientation I was placed on a dedicated route but was told that a dedicated route for my area was being worked on with that being only temporary. The route was always running quite heavy with a complaint to my fleet manager and others of the extra fuel cost, again I was informed it was temporary. When my final settlement payouts were dropping below half of what I was told and the numbers provided I learned that other drivers on the route were making an additional fourteen cents per mile. I contacted my fleet manager with his answer being that he knows nothing on pay issues that I would need to speak with the director of operations. Never hearing from him during business on that Friday I contacted my FM again with his claims being that he has sent him numerous emails in that time-frame, maybe I should contact him. Another issue was delay pay from the week prior not on the settlement, which the FM swears he submitted.

On the phone with the Dir of Op's he denied knowing what the dedicated pay on the biggest account that the company runs. It was odd when he asked me which driver or drivers had informed me of that and I refused to answer. I then brought up the delay pay and he stated that the FM put the arrival date and departure date the same with me explaining they were not as I was at the shipper from PM Friday to AM Saturday. He informed me that he would check on the pay for that dedicated route and return a call as soon as possible. I never heard from him again on that or my delay pay with a final settlement of 62 total dollars for running everything I could for as long as I could prior to the notice to return said equipment.

I am sure I will never receive the delay pay upwards of 300 dollars nor I receive back pay for the cheated miles per pay. What a mess and it starts at the top with management not caring about their drivers. Micromanagement matched with lack of communication at the top is rampant. Picking up a load after the desired delivery date is insane and it happens as a habit at TLI. I am amazed between operations like that and the mistreatment of drivers that they are still in business.

I pray that anyone thinking of going there reads this prior to stepping off that cliff!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. buckmanmike

buckmanmike Light Load Member

Jan 20, 2010
    in the country, georgia
    TLI advertises heavily on Craigslist. Always high dollar pay and smiling pics of drivers.
    Are you suggesting false advertising?

4. Veteran driver

Veteran driver Medium Load Member

Aug 24, 2010
    De Moines. IA
    I wonder who the director of operations is?
    Robert S ? Robert was running things when I left, back in 04. Chuck P. Was safety director back then and the company wasn’t a bad place to work. But all that changed when Robert began implementing new policies. They lost a lot of good drivers and the company quickly went downhill fast. That happens sometimes to trucking companies. There are lots of trucking companies that used to be top notch outfits to work for, now they’re just a shell of their former selves. Transco Lines is one of those companies.
    I was on the Southeastern dedicated run in 03. I left because of Roberts shenanigans.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 19, 2018
    TruckerLynn Thanks this.
  5. TruckerLynn

TruckerLynn Bobtail Member

Oct 17, 2019
    I drove for Transco Lines for a few years starting in 2015. They were a GREAT company back then! Then they had some management changes and they started going downhill. Terrible now.

6. TruckerLynn

TruckerLynn Bobtail Member

Oct 17, 2019
    The pay was actually pretty good. The faces start out smiling but their ####ty management ruins it.

7. Makeempay

Makeempay Bobtail Member

Jan 8, 2021
    Do not go lease with this company. The remarks are true They will give u miles the 1st couple of weeks after that you will be in the whole. No miles. High fuel cost.

8. Sir

Sir Bobtail Member

Jan 26, 2021
    We're new with the company and realize that everyone is entitled to their own opinion. All i can say is that the company worked to get us in the truck we wanted then got us home in time to prepare for Ida. My opinion may change over time but right now I'd do pretty much anything they request out of appreciation for what they've done for us.

9. DannyF

DannyF Bobtail Member

Sep 14, 2021
    My wife and I teamed for TLI got into an accident not our fault in 2018. Wife got hurt and was on work comp for awhile then when she got off after a year and a half we called them back up to go back to work for them and they declined us saying she doesn't have 6 months exp in the last year. Now (2021) we applyed again and we both have more then enough exp but they have a mentor program for students and drivers that haven't been driving in a while to get back to work and they still declined us. They will not tell you why they declined you. So i would stay the heck away from them and there sister company RTI because they are the same way with applicants. But RTI will let you go through oreintation then tell you that they changed there mind about hiring you so I would run far away from both company's.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.