Transferring CDL between States

Discussion in 'Trucker Legal Advice' started by saratoga76, Jan 8, 2012.

1. saratoga76

saratoga76 Bobtail Member

Jan 8, 2012
    Saratoga Springs, NY
    I have a CDL A with pass. endorsement issued in Texas May 2009. I quit my job in Dec. 2011 to move to NY. When I went to tranfer license to NY I realized my license came up missing....supposedly during the move. I tried to get a replacement but TX Dmv says I need to come in person. I'M IN NY!!! The NY Dmv says they'll accept an abstract or driving record to show proof of endorsements. Every time I ask TX dmv for help they keep saying I need to provide the cdl number and audit number (runs up side of photo in TX). But that's the info I don't have!! I have no photocopy of license, my tx dot was in same wallet with license so i cant check there and Dot place won't give out info cause it's property of ex-employer. Ex-employer is federally mandated so i need to request info from them but was told they likely wouldnt have a copy in the info realeased to me. I'm going in circles and hitting walls. Any help out there, PLEASE!!!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. CondoCruiser

CondoCruiser The Legend

Apr 18, 2010
    Tennessee
    You are limited without traveling back.

All I can think of is maybe a potential employer can obtain a copy for you at no charge. All they need is the DL#. They obtain the reports from 3rd parties. That might be acceptable. They want you bad enough, they might work with you.

Other than that, think of other places that might have a copy like a financial institution or other business that can give you the audit #.

I don't see why your last employer can't give you the audit # over the phone. It's useless to anyone else.

Maybe a cop friend?? Make friends with dieselbear or scalemaster on here. They can be bought. :yes2557:

4. saratoga76

saratoga76 Bobtail Member

Jan 8, 2012
    Saratoga Springs, NY
    Thanks, tried all those options. I need the license number though as well. I finally got through to somebody at TX DPS after being on hold for hours and maybe will have something in three weeks. Yikes, but I'm willing to wait so I don't loose my endorsements.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.