Transgender friendly company?

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by britlyn87, Dec 14, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. britlyn87

britlyn87 Bobtail Member

Dec 14, 2014
    Hello everyone!!!!!!!!
    My name is Brittany and i started trucking almost 3 years ago, I am a transgender m2f and i was wonder if their are any company's that accept it. I have been burned in the past by Pam and the company i work for frowns upon it. I just wanna try to find a trucking company that i can be myself and and not have to worry about transgender but how well i do my job.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Couple of years ago or less, a few posted they went to Swift and had no problems. Wish I could remember their names so you can send them a Private Message, but I don't remember. One transgender used to post on here that is an 0/0 running for Landstar, but no posts in a long time.

4. Moon_beam

Moon_beam Heavy Load Member

Aug 29, 2012
    Try a union company like UPS.

KF7WTV Thanks this.
  5. 201

201 Road Train Member

Apr 16, 2014
    high plains colorado
    Hi Brittany, 1st, welcome aboard. 2nd, why would you even say anything about that? It shows there are still people out there that can't change. Years ago, trucking was for "rednecks only". I never was like that, but have seen many people abused for their beliefs. Nowadays, it's a different story, thank God, and you shouldn't have to tolerate any negativity. All that should matter is can you haul the mail? We shouldn't care what your personal life involves. Keep looking, there are some cool people out there. Keep on truckin'!:thumbup:

6. Meltom

Meltom Road Train Member

Jan 24, 2011
    This was posted in a thread that got closed not too long ago.

rayall01 [​IMG]
    Bobtail Member[​IMG]
    Member SinceDec 2010
    LocationWinchendon, MA
    Trucker?15 Years
    Posts12
    Thanks0

I am transgendered, and I just started living full time as a woman. I also just started working at Hirschbach Motor Lines, as a lease operator. 1st, they are accepting me wholeheartedly, and 2nd, the lease here is no fleece. I took home 1421.42 this week, and I am on a track to take around the same next week. Also, I've been treated with respect at all the shippers and receivers I've been to so far. Try Hirshbach, you won't be sorry.

7. Vilhiem

Vilhiem Road Train Member

Oct 6, 2014
    Wow..I'm sorry this is off topic for a moment but man I'm impressed!

To the op, you came right out with it. That's awesome! :D

To everyone above me, and hopefully to those who post after, I'm glad you are actually helping. Living in the south I see this far too often being ridiculed... So from me to you, thanks.

Back to the topic...

I can tell you that if you don't say anything you can work nearly anywhere; while my experience at Schneider is limited, I've not seen anyone being singled out for any particular reason. You're there for your skills. I'm unsure where you are, and if I'm wrong someone please correct me, you might want to steer clear of covenant. I've talked to some guys who worked for them (they now work for Schneider) and they'll happily shove their world down your throat...

If you're interested in working with Schneider after you've looked around then PM me and I'll see what I can do to help!

If if I ever happen to see you on the road though, allow me to shake your hand. I'm glad things have changed, even if it's just a little for now, I've seen outside of the industry what Semi is talking about.

(SNI is currently my shameless plug. And if it matters, they are non-union.)

"semi" retired and The Challenger Thank this.
  8. 201

201 Road Train Member

Apr 16, 2014
    high plains colorado
    I just don't get it, especially nowadays. I don't, on any application, remember "check appropriate box, man, woman, transgender". I just don't see how this would come up in the normal hiring process. I hope this thread doesn't get closed, and people can keep an open mind here.

9. Balakov100

Balakov100 Road Train Member

May 10, 2012
    Temple, TX
    I would look for a smaller company.

10. G.Anthony

G.Anthony Road Train Member

Dec 10, 2014
    I am not even sure why this would be an issue, except for maybe a couple of reasons. For instance, when a Social Security number is run by the companies, I don't know, but is a person's sex listed? If so, maybe, just maybe they think you are falsifying something? Hiding from something? Maybe the companies think you will hit them with an insurance claim for any surgery you may have to go thru?

Personally, I see this as discrimination, and I have to wonder if the EEOC (Equal Employment Opportunity Commission) would get involved on your behalf?

I guess, like the old military saying, "don't ask, don't tell" might fit here, but why should you have to live your life in secret? I wish you well, and sorry i am not familiar with any company that even cares of your personal life, as long as you a re a qualified driver and willing to work.

Best of luck to you, I hope someone can steer you into the right place.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2014
  11. Hyweighman

Hyweighman Medium Load Member

Dec 29, 2011
    Pensacola, FL
    Brittany, what cities are you close to.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.