Transgender friendly company?

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by britlyn87, Dec 14, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mudguppy

Mudguppy Degenerate Immoralist

Apr 28, 2014
    Wooley Swamp

Just a couple of thoughts here..... YOU coming on so strong like you are the OP's knight in shining armour here to smite anyone with any differing views is a tad comical really. I believe you'll end up ATTRACTING more unwanted attention then if you hadn't had your "footstomping" large-red-printed hissy fit back there. But that's just my take on it.

Also, it appears that you haven't been in the industry very long. Regardless, if you are only taking home "just shy (pre tax) of 1k a month"....Yeah, that pretty much IS TERRIBLE PAY! I average over 1k AFTER TAXES a WEEK! Not bragging by any means; there are plenty who make quite a bit more than I do. Just that you might not be cheerleading so much for a co. that pays that crappy. Once again, just my take on it....

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. 201

201 Road Train Member

Apr 16, 2014
    high plains colorado
    Britlyn, there's something I don't understand. Without going into too much detail, same thing, why would a customer care? I don't mean to be rude, but are you doing something that would be obviously offending to someone, or just standing behind your trailer waiting to be unloaded (if they let you on the dock, that is). I mean, unless there's something you aren't telling us, I can't ever remember being in a situation where a customer cared WHO delivered the goods, as long as they got it. Your turn,,,,

4. 201

201 Road Train Member

Apr 16, 2014
    high plains colorado
    Calm down, general, just kidding around, like the hooligan's on that PBS British show.

Skydivedavec Thanks this.
  5. TruckDuo

TruckDuo Road Train Member

Oct 21, 2012
    Chicago, IL
    We have transgender drivers at US Xpress but really I think most companies don't care what/who you are as long as you can drive.

"semi" retired and teqntexas Thank this.
  6. Vilhiem

Vilhiem Road Train Member

Oct 6, 2014
    ...alright, on topic you all. Seriously. We're here to answer her question, not to debate the lifestyles of others.

As for those of you who feel that I make "terrible pay" I will admit that my pay isn't that great, I know this. There's no need to point that out. The object of my personal game is to get the experience required to make my check better. You're going to start out with bad pay in most industries.

Again, please lets stay on topic...

(If you've PM'ed me, I'm not ignoring anyone. Just have priorities at the moment, this took a shorter amount of time to say what was needed.)

If you want to debate lifestyles or otherwise, this isn't the place. Thank you.

7. Stew209

Stew209 Medium Load Member

Mar 28, 2014
    Out in the Sticks
    [QUOTE="semi" retired;4366161]Britlyn, go out west. Everybody is cool on the west coast. Mid-west, east, south, not so much.[/QUOTE]

Yeah in the coastal areas where the big cities are. You don't know too much about the west coast do ya? Unless you live in the big cities which are actually quite small in land size the majority of the state like California(eastern half and Northern Cali) are very conservative and doesn't care for their kind. I live in mountains in eastern cali and our beliefs do not agree with this and most out here think it is an abomination.

To the OP- Where ever you decide to work, find a company who will hire you for your job skills but there will always be someone at every company who will treat you different because of who you are.

8. Flybynight041

Flybynight041 Medium Load Member

Dec 9, 2014
    What makes you so certain that it was your lifestyle giving you problems before? Do you 'advertise' it?

If if you don't make your sexuality a problem, then it won't be one.

9. Stew209

Stew209 Medium Load Member

Mar 28, 2014
    Out in the Sticks
    If I had to guess the "Adam's Apple" would give it away. Typically it's very easy to spot a tranny.

10. Vilhiem

Vilhiem Road Train Member

Oct 6, 2014
    Pre-surgery that would be correct. You beat me to the punch.

11. britlyn87

britlyn87 Bobtail Member

Dec 14, 2014
    Honestly i couldn't survive on 1k a month, I make that a week and that's a huge pay cut.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.