Translation, please.

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by spindrift, Jan 7, 2018.

1. spindrift

spindrift Road Train Member

Dec 2, 2014
    Texas
    A company is advertising a Regional job and is telling me that I'll be out 1 1/2 days on average. What does this really mean in terms of how many times I might see my own bed every week? Also, does this mean that your days off will be rolling throughout the week? As in there is no predictable time off? Thanks.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. blairandgretchen

blairandgretchen Road Train Member

Dec 9, 2011
    South west Missouri
    11 and a half days out !!!!

In any given 12 day period. Offer not available in all states, please check with your wife, and a lawyer.

4. Getsinyourblood

Getsinyourblood Road Train Member

Jul 5, 2014
    Retired. North Texas
    1 and a half days out sounds like a two night trip. If you do two of them a week, you might get three nights at home. If you do three of therm of them a week, you might get two 15 hour breaks at home during the week and a 40 hour reset on the weekend, Just a guess. The one and a half day out schedule out doesn't sound too bad really.

SingingWolf Thanks this.
  5. shogun

shogun Road Train Member

Jan 23, 2009
    Doing a regen
    Getsinyourblood is right. The only thing about a system like that is the schedule will vary as far as the times you leave and get back unless it’s dedicated. If it’s with a mega, it could be a bait and switch. If it’s a smaller carrier, ask them if it’s for a certain account or running wild. Kentucky is a good state for freight so it’s very possible to do regional.

Toomanybikes Thanks this.
  6. Dave_in_AZ

Dave_in_AZ Road Train Member

May 4, 2015
    Could be your gone for a week one week, home every night the next week.
    Welcome to trucking. None of us could give you the slightest bit of accurate information without knowing exactly what the job is.

7. Justrucking2

Justrucking2 Road Train Member

Sep 12, 2017
    Plymouth MI
    Maybe I'm an odd ball here, but I like staying in the truck during the week, and then heading to the house and my other bed. Take a few days off and relax, than force myself back to the truck... Working a day and a half and getting the night off, driving home, driving back to the truck, would drive me nuts.

Oh, I have always slept better in the truck. ;-)

Oxbow Thanks this.
  8. Allow Me.

Allow Me. Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

May 28, 2009
    Rancho Mirage, Ca.
    One and a half days out, ON AVERAGE. That's the qualifier people. Like, "up to 2500 mi/week".
    "up to" or "as much as".......the two biggest advertising deceptions out there.

Toomanybikes Thanks this.
  9. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    HA.

One day to get dispatch, load information, morning of day two to load, two days to drive and then two more to sit and wait for a dock and unload. Go home a few hours come back after 5 hours so that truck will be on it's way on time to shipper to repeat.

Anything else like the currently developing ice storm vs Chicago and Louisville will toss a wrench into your best laid plans.

You will get home sometime. Either in this world or the next. HA....

10. spindrift

spindrift Road Train Member

Dec 2, 2014
    Texas
    I love you guys! The glass is always half full...or it isn't.

BTW, the company is Trimac.

blairandgretchen Thanks this.
  11. tscottme

tscottme Road Train Member

Ask the source, we're not mind-readers.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.