TRANSPORT AMERICA LEASE PURCHASE

Discussion in 'Lease Purchase Trucking Forum' started by Air Breeze, Apr 25, 2016.

1. Air Breeze

Air Breeze Heavy Load Member

Jun 19, 2009
    Tennessee
    Anyway I've never owned a truck. I've always made a decent living driving for a company. My knowledge of owning a truck is very limited so take anything i say on this subject with a grain of salt. With over regulation by the Government, the uncertainty of where the economy is heading, and the uncertainty of cheap fuel remaining available. Buying or leasing a truck now would be a very risky gamble to take. I only started this thread to see if anyone on here has ever done a lease purchase with Transport America. I doubt i would ever risk everything I own to increase my income by such a small margin. Why risk so much for such a small gain in income.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2016
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. truckthatpassesyouby

truckthatpassesyouby Road Train Member

Jun 3, 2015
    Here's a joke.

Why do men lose their hair?

The men who are losing their hair from the front say, it's because they think a lot.
    The men who are loosing their hair from the back say, it's because they're smart.

Now, how about the men that loose their hair from the front and the back?

It's because they Think they're smart.

4. Air Breeze

Jun 19, 2009
    Tennessee
    I suppose if your a chrome dome you might or might not think your joke is funny. Some people can laugh at themselves. Some people will kill you if you make fun of them. Either way your reply to this thread has absolutely nothing to do with whether someone has ever leased a truck from TA. UNFORTUNATELY IT LOOKS LIKE THIS WEBSITE HAS KIND OF RUN OUT OF STEAM OVER THE LAST FEW YEARS. I DON'T SEE TOO MUCH USEFUL INFORMATION BEING POSTED ON HERE ANYMORE. IT'S NOT EVEN VERY ENTERTAINING ANYMORE SINCE MOST OF THE PEOPLE WHO LIKED TO BICKER WITH, AND INSULT OTHER MEMBERS HAVE BEEN BANNED. I SUPPOSE IT'S A SIGN OF THE TIMES. BORING IGNORANCE, ,POLITICAL CORRECTNESS, CONFORMITY AND MONOTONY RULE THE DAY...

Last edited: Apr 26, 2016
    TheFriscoKid and TheDudeAbides Thank this.
  5. akfisher

akfisher Road Train Member

Apr 23, 2015
    Airbreeze I worked there in 2009-10 in winters only. Was based out of ATL. Loved it. Great friendly people and great dispatchers. Pay was not the best but treatrd me with all respect a driver could ask for. Just didnt like those overnight Fed Ex loads haha

Air Breeze Thanks this.
  6. T_TRUCKER.

T_TRUCKER. Road Train Member

Mar 27, 2014
    A city near you.
    If you have enough money and great credit why in the hell wouldn't you buy an older pre emissions truck VS leasing? JW im leasing a truck currently but not from TA. Just dont get when guys claim to have enough cash to buy a truck and be tied down to one place instead of just buying a truck cash.

7. Air Breeze

Jun 19, 2009
    Tennessee
    If you buy a truck your stuck with it. You can walk away from a lease. Also if you lease a vehicle part of the cost can be deducted as a business expense if you itemize your taxes. A loan payment cannot be deducted on your taxes. And why pay cash? Your tying up your capitol you can use for other expenses.

akfisher Thanks this.
  8. RERM

RERM Road Train Member

Dec 13, 2012
    Chicago, IL
    Not sure I completely disagree from this, but to play devils advocate, I would say, in a bad freight market (like now) a paid off truck has no payment forcing you to run for revenue.....

Also, if your gonna lease for tax reasons, why not lease from a third party (Lone Mountain, PacLease, Volvo Credit) where you can take the truck anywhere......

akfisher and Air Breeze Thank this.
  9. akfisher

Apr 23, 2015
    I agree too. I have been running the numbers for years. I will say this. Leasesing expensive? Yes. BUT you want to run your trucking company the correct way you will spend the same amount on a paid for truck between breakdowns, preventative maintenance, and a savings account for disasters. With the PROPER lease its pretty much all paid for. Over years in the businesse leases could very well save you some headache.

Air Breeze and RERM Thank this.
  10. akfisher

Apr 23, 2015
    I didnt see all RERMS response. EXACTLY right. NEVER lease from a company. Thats just asking for trouble. A proper lease would be from a dealership who offers Full Maintenance Lease. You can get them more affordable and for less lengthy than say Lone Mountain. Lone Mountain is more of a way for a guy to finance buying his own truck. A true Full Maintenance Lease you are basicly always in a new truck.

Air Breeze Thanks this.
  11. T_TRUCKER.

T_TRUCKER. Road Train Member

Mar 27, 2014
    A city near you.
    A paid off truck makes more money, period. I dont care what anyone says. Im assuming at TA its a flat rate per mile, probably under 1.00 + FSC, so on a good week 1.17? Thats pretty "cheap freight" for someone with a new truck payment every week. Im not knocking LP deals im in one, however if i could go back I would have kept saving and yes paid cash for a truck.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.