Transport america orientation-"thank alot!!"

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by ptrbilt, Sep 22, 2008.

1. janet quail

janet quail Bobtail Member

Feb 18, 2014
    Durham,NC

You have way too much time on your hands.You should be helping your boy friend and not badmouthing him on this forum.

Janet

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. thejackal

thejackal Road Train Member

Mar 1, 2014
    detroit mi
    T america does suck, but its par for course. Worked for them in the 90s . My trainer was taking pills to stay awake and ended up having a seizure while driving. Thank God I was able to think and react quickly...

4. crzyjarmans

crzyjarmans Road Train Member

Jun 9, 2010
    Home
    Some just need to complain, If they dont receive the world, their being mis-treated, Usually, when I meet someone like this, I tell them to take off their pampers and put some big boy pants on

5. Capt hook

Capt hook Bobtail Member

Oct 4, 2018
    Hey guys and gals. I am thinking about going to work for ta. Can you answer a few questions for me? First, what am I looking at as far as normal mileage? 2nd, how hard is it to get dedicated routes?

6. Lonesome

Lonesome Mr. Sarcasm

Dec 15, 2007
    Northern Indiana
    Transport America

Everything, and I mean EVERYTHING you want to know.

7. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    Now now.

She did not bad mouth him. She listed easily a number of flaws in the person who thinks trucking is all that.

It would have been better if lilqueen started her own thread. Much better. Even better than that is if her man would have come here and started writing.

If trouble with dispatch is that upsetting, then I would tell that person to reconsider trucking. Trouble goes hand in hand with paradise.

As far as the TA situation, if that is the worst of it then Im been pretty fortunate not to have difficult orientations. All of mine have been rather basic and good (As expected, nothing fancy)

Back to lilqueen, I am not one to go over the laundry list of issues with her man, but meltdowns and mental health are two things that does not make a trucker. It's best that person does something else in life. Anything but trucking. Sometimes you are on your own to remedy a problem which actions you think best, with always the customer in mind and money expenses second.

If that is the biggest issue being told to go from A pickup a load and deliver it to B and cannot do that in a timely and legal manner, then I would assume that person is not doing well playing at trucking. IF there are two or three mountain passes currently covered in winter storms between me and that customer, we'll see how it goes. That would not be the time to have meltdowns, I gaurantee it.

8. Frank Speak

Frank Speak Road Train Member

May 3, 2016
    Someone needs to get to the bottom of The TA Situation!

I think I’ll call them tomorrow, explain who/what I am and ask them to come here and give us their side of the story.

plankton Thanks this.
  9. tuckerthe trucker

tuckerthe trucker Bobtail Member

Oct 5, 2018
    I started my career with Transport America and they weren't bad as a company .. I had my issues but I done orientation in Birmingham Alabama it was actually the best orientation I've had with any company.I guess they've gotten larger now and probably more like other large companies treating drivers like a dime a dozen... The reality is being a new driver you have no experience which makes you not as valuable to a company but instead your a tax write off. Trucking lifestyle is brutal and rough... You can't prepare for it you have to live it... He'll eating a home cooked meal is a rarity unless your cooking your own food but you aren't making money if your sitting . I wish you best and stay away from big companies ... They will all treat you the same .

10. jinxutoo

jinxutoo Light Load Member

Jan 17, 2012
    Illinois
    So you are telling us this guy is a fool to expect to be treated with some respect and dignity by his future employer?

The only foolish thing that happened here is that you think no more of yourself, that you let employers, shippers/recievers treat you like a piece of sh**.

This guy and every driver should expect more. Expect more in wages, clean restrooms/showers, safe roads, safe parking.

The FMCSA has put all accountability on the driver and none on shippers/recievers or themselves ( the federal government)

As long as we have this mentality, we will never get the wages or living conditions that we deserve as professional drivers.

I salute the soon to be driver that has already identified a HUGE issue in the industry.

VIDEODROME, Guitar Man and Frank Speak Thank this.
  11. REO6205

REO6205 Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Feb 15, 2014
    California.
    Okay, you did a good job of defining the problem. We appreciate that.
    Now, what do you see as a solution?

Lonesome Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.