Transport america orientation-"thank alot!!"

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by ptrbilt, Sep 22, 2008.

1. Lonesome

Lonesome Mr. Sarcasm

Dec 15, 2007
    Northern Indiana
    Were supposed to offer solutions? I thought we were only here to biotch, and point out the obvious.....

88 Alpha, mjd4277, TB John and 2 others Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Frank Speak

Frank Speak Road Train Member

May 3, 2016
    I’m here for the ####tails, hor d’oeuvres and, of course, any bloodletting that’s needed.

4. jinxutoo

jinxutoo Light Load Member

Jan 17, 2012
    Illinois
    Thanks for the opportunity to offer up some solutions.

1. We need to shut the trucks down. O/O's like myself need to block fuel pumps.

2. Company drivers need to not be scared of losing their jobs.
    These employers NEED you!! If all company drivers stop, they can't/won't fire you.

3. Use the supposed driver shortage to our advantage.

4. You lease purchase guys and gals need to get out of it. You are not O/O's, but a slave to the lender.

5. Confidence - we are VITAL to the global economy and we need to embrace that.

Over the years we have been told " your just a truck driver" replaceable.
    The good drivers are not replaceable, we are very valuable.
    This profession has been beat down so much we think nothing of ourselves. Like the post that started this. His new employer is already treating him like crap and guys say he is a sissy.
    I agree some are sissies, but what this guy was talking about was respect, appreciation for an employee.

Thanks

HotTruckingMess, jon69 and pmdriver Thank this.
  5. Frank Speak

May 3, 2016
    First and foremost, I agree with your post.

That said, and I’m not trying to bust your chops, those aren’t really solutions, just idealistic musings. Kind of like someone saying “We need to toss all the politicians out of Washington and start over”. Sounds great, but not going to happen.

Just picking on number 4 for a second. Do you really think that’s ever going to happen?

Mopes flock to those LP scams like a dog to a butcher shop. You can try to talk sense to them until you’re blue in the face and the second you’re done, they’ll go sign the lease faster than you can blink.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2018
    88 Alpha, mjd4277, TB John and 3 others Thank this.
  6. jinxutoo

Jan 17, 2012
    Illinois
    Ok, But we have a starting point. What are your ideas for a solution?

7. Frank Speak

May 3, 2016
    I’m not here to solve world hunger because you can’t.

Like I said, you’re “ideas” are fine. Just can’t implement them.

88 Alpha, TB John and Lonesome Thank this.
  8. Lonesome

Lonesome Mr. Sarcasm

Dec 15, 2007
    Northern Indiana
    I agree, you get two truck drivers together, and they will argue if the meat loaf, or the fried chicken on the buffet is better. Much less trying to get hundreds of thousands of them together. And what about the union drivers, who are under contract?

TB John and Frank Speak Thank this.
  9. jinxutoo

Jan 17, 2012
    Illinois
    It's unfortunate that this is the acceptable way of thought in the industry.

It's unfortunate that some are so eager to be taken advantage of and treated horribly for a check not much more than minimum wage.

I have read so much complaining in so many forums and when it is time for us to take action the first reaction is "we can't " or "we cant get along" that fellas is nothing more than shunning responsibility.

In conclusion,these companies need you. They have alot of equipment and stock holders to answer to. It wouldn't take long to get them to bend.

Thanks to the drivers that stood for our rights in D.C. yesterday, not only for our trucking rights, but the rights we have as Americans. Thank you.

10. Frank Speak

May 3, 2016
    I don’t get treated poorly. I work M-F, avg about 9 hrs a day, get paid for everything I do. All equipment is provided. And, if there’s anything I want or need, I tell the owner and it’s done.

If idiots are willing to put up with nonsense, that’s their business, not mine. If you want to go crusade on their behalf, have at it. Go marching in the streets all you want.

Bottom line, you can’t legislate stupid out of people. ;)

88 Alpha, kemosabi49, Lonesome and 4 others Thank this.
  11. Lonesome

Lonesome Mr. Sarcasm

Dec 15, 2007
    Northern Indiana
    Yeah!! ^^what he said^^

88 Alpha, Frank Speak and kemosabi49 Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.