Traveler arrested at airport for wearing too many clothes

Discussion in 'Other News' started by Chinatown, Jan 16, 2018.

1. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    My wife's cousin and her daughter visited us and stayed two weeks; couldn't believe they only had one carry-on size suitcase for both of them. It was like a magic trick seeing how much they removed from that little suitcase. One suitcase for two people.

buddyd157 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Getsinyourblood

Getsinyourblood Road Train Member

Jul 5, 2014
    Retired. North Texas
    Meh. Eight layers of clothing is a little extreme and the guy was asking for it.

But I remember when flying was fun. Not so much anymore. The only thing the TSA is missing is a cattle prod to herd people around like a bunch of cattle. I happen to despise taking off my shoes and belt and emptying all my pockets because I am potential terrorist.

Let me counter your story with this story of a 19 year old Texas Tech student who gave the "Guns Up" salute at GWB Airport in Houston last week. The Guns Up salute is a college thing and nothing more. Well, those TSA A-holes taught her a lesson.

[​IMG]

'Guns Up' Signal Gets TX Tech Student in Trouble With TSA

mjd4277 and Chinatown Thank this.
  4. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    It was fun years ago. I carried a stainless steel whiskey flask in my inside coat pocket and it was perfectly legal at that time.
    [​IMG]

5. mjd4277

mjd4277 Road Train Member

Oct 4, 2015
    Fitchburg,MA
    Having worked at major airports (Chicago O’Hare and Boston Logan) I could write chapters about some of the crazy stuff I’ve seen. From people trying to sneak bottles of Crown Royal thru the TSA checkpoints (purple bag included,lol) to people checking in for their flights and forgetting they stashed marijuana buds between pages of their passport(all the while state police are doing patrols in the terminal with the K-9 units). One incident in particular caused by a young lady almost ended with her getting turned into Swiss cheese when SWAT was called to one of the terminals.
    MIT students in recent years have been known to do some crazy stuff but this is just plain stupidity. It’s amazing SWAT showed restraint-they could’ve shot her and gone to lunch!

Police: Woman carried fake bomb into airport

People don’t know how to act civilized in airports anymore. And if you make a scene,you’re gonna pay the price.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2018
    Chinatown and Getsinyourblood Thank this.
  6. thetourman

thetourman Bobtail Member

Dec 6, 2012
    Anymore when I fly I feel like self loading freight.

Chinatown Thanks this.
  7. AModelCat

AModelCat Road Train Member

Jul 7, 2015
    Canuckistan
    I've only ever flown once (last year). Wasn't nearly as bad as everyone makes it out to be.

Chinatown Thanks this.
  8. WildTiger1990

WildTiger1990 Heavy Load Member

Apr 21, 2015
    GTFO, airlines now day can do with you what you want , you have 0 right on airplane and airport right now, they can ask you to stick huge dildo in your ### "because of safety", and if you will refuse they will kick you out for not following their rules.
    Right now you have only 1 thing ,shut up and hope flight attendant had good sex in the morning, and she will not embarrasses you cause she feels like.
    *I has been flying for longer then I remember myself.

Getsinyourblood Thanks this.
  9. mjd4277

mjd4277 Road Train Member

Oct 4, 2015
    Fitchburg,MA
    Sometimes it’s a matter of how you present yourself, and if you ACT A FOOL especially at an airport, they’ll take you down like one.

Chinatown Thanks this.
  10. WildTiger1990

WildTiger1990 Heavy Load Member

Apr 21, 2015
    just what I wrote, you have only 1 option shut up and be quite. And nobody give a #### that those security jerks, and flight attendants have salary and jobs because WE PAYING THEM !

11. tucker

tucker Road Train Member

Jun 13, 2008
    IN
    I wonder if he was a big fan of the movie Eurotrip? Since Scotty and Cooper were couriers and had to carry a package they wore their other clothes like this guy did on the airplane.
    Scotty doesn’t know...

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.