Trimac Elete Team Drivers Question - Anyone?

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by 31N90W, Apr 19, 2018.

1. 31N90W

31N90W Light Load Member

Sep 3, 2013
    Do any of you have experience or information regarding the Trimac Elite Team (OTR, Company Driver ) position?? Specifically, how are drivers treated, what is the quality of the equipment, job conditions, and (ballpark) yearly pay. Anyone??

Need4Speed Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    I am very leery when companies title themselves "Elite something or other"

This is trucking, anything can and will be difficult. This is not seal team 7 or something.

4. 31N90W

31N90W Light Load Member

Sep 3, 2013
    x1Heavy, thanks for your reply, I learned absolutely nothing from your comment in relation to my question, but, again thanks.......

Mooseontheloose Thanks this.
  5. wsyrob

wsyrob Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Sep 14, 2007
    Winston Salem
    @ethos can give you an answer. He left Schneider for them a few years ago. Told me he made close to 90K with them 1 year but never went home.

6. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    Youre welcome.

You will learn in time some companies with fancy titles may not be all that.

It has been a beneficial lesson to me to run for a company with simple names like Frozen Foods express for example. They haul frozen foods and they get that load there asap.

Companies that try to "Flower up" the titles for the attracting of new business etc only attracts similar personalities to themselves who also need that flowering up.

Mooseontheloose and MagnumaMoose Thank this.
  7. 31N90W

31N90W Light Load Member

Sep 3, 2013
    Wow! Excellent advice, information, and input. Again, thanks.
    OK, thanks for the useful information, I will follow up with someone who actually has worthwhile information.....

8. ethos

ethos Road Train Member

Mar 3, 2013
    Houston
    Drivers are treated fairly well, equipment is terrible, you drive long haul, with lots of West Coast. You are expected to run a minimum of two weeks at a time. You can make a lot if you run hard and never come home.

My information is about a year out of date as well, good luck.

9. spindrift

spindrift Road Train Member

Dec 2, 2014
    Texas
    Each member of The Elite Team is cross-trained on chemicals, dry bulk, industrial gases, oil field services, and some specific commodities. The idea being that if a specific branch or region of the U.S/Canada is experiencing a need for one of those specialties because of: branch growth, short term/long term loss of a current driver, etc., a member of The Elite Team can step in and take over thereby minimizing disruption to branch services and its customers. They're out a minimum of two weeks. Unfortunately, I can't provide you with pay information but I believe that Trimac has an attractive scale.

Mooseontheloose and kbarttt Thank this.
  10. ethos

ethos Road Train Member

Mar 3, 2013
    Houston
    If they are crossed trained now then that is different than when I was there. They said we would be, but in the three years I worked for them they never made an effort.

The pay scene is near the top in the industry, for the Elite Team anyway.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.