TRIMAC... thinking of going, but worried about CSA.

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by DRTDEVL, Jun 26, 2015.

1. DRTDEVL

DRTDEVL Road Train Member

Jan 27, 2013
    Austin, MN
    I was looking into TRIMAC, but their vehicle maintenance score is pushing up against the intervention threshold (72% vs 75%). Would that worry any of you? They are offering .54 loaded, .40 empty + benefits and 401(k) with match, bonuses, yada yada yada...

Aside from that, how would you approach this in the hiring process? I was considering asking: "I see your maintenance SMS is a bit high, what measures have been taken to prevent hitting the intervention threshold?"

For reference, My PSP is 0. No tickets, no accidents, no violations on inspections. My current company is at 50% in that category, and I think their equipment is crap.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. marineman227

marineman227 Dock Waterer

Jan 26, 2008
    Neenah, WI
    Look deeper than just the number and see what the actual violations are. Enough burnt out tail lights will get you there. You can tell from the violations of its bad drivers or crap maintenance

4. DRTDEVL

DRTDEVL Road Train Member

Jan 27, 2013
    Austin, MN
    Lots of lighting, some brakes, occasional tires.

5. marineman227

marineman227 Dock Waterer

Jan 26, 2008
    Neenah, WI
    All sound like driver problems. I wouldn't worry about it. Do a good pre trip because you know the guy before you didn't

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.