Truck accident questions

Discussion in 'Road Stories' started by united972, Apr 2, 2019.

1. united972

united972 Light Load Member

May 26, 2016
    I was at a truck stop waiting for the truck infront of me to fuel and leave and he backed into my truck.

Since it was private party locations cops said exchanged information guys admitted fault.

Will his insurance pay for my days off because the truck will be in shop getting fixed??

He took the whole side of my hood out and I can’t drive because lights out as well.

Will they pay for loaner truck? What about my load I own my own company with 1 truck I don’t know wha lt to do

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Omega1

Omega1 Heavy Load Member

Nov 18, 2017
    Oregon
    Best person to ask is your insurance agent. Sorry for your loss.

lovesthedrive Thanks this.
  4. Grumppy

Grumppy Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Dec 11, 2010
    West Monroe, La
    His insurance aint gonna pay for any more than you make them pay for. That includes a rental. Call your attorney ASAP. He'll make a phone call & you'll have a rental faster than you can go pick it up.
    But, I can assure you, they aint gonna give you a rental just because you ask.
    My first question is did the police give you ANYTHING or make ANY sort of report? Especially something saying the other driver admitted fault?

You need to call the shipper, broker or receiver, whomever you have the contract with & let them know your truck is down because of an accident. They will help you with that issue.

5. RustyBolt

RustyBolt Road Train Member

Feb 21, 2015
    Bement, IL
    I can tell you from first hand experience that, if his insurance is with Progressive or it's subsidiaries, they will be pretty close to fair. I was backed into. Took my truck to a shop of my choice for an estimate. They found where my shop mis-quoted for a part that wasn't damaged and the labor for replacing that part. Aside from that, they paid the quoted price for new parts, paint and labor. They also added the daily cost of a Ryder rental for 8 days. That said, they do not give you the $5k deposit Ryder wants. Which, you would get back if you take care of their truck. This was my very recent experience.

Omega1 Thanks this.
  6. Omega1

Omega1 Heavy Load Member

Nov 18, 2017
    Oregon
    He said he is not at fault, so I would tend to believe his insurer would be very agressive.

7. starmac

starmac Road Train Member

Apr 11, 2019
    Fairbanks Ak
    I have to ask, why was he backing out of a fuel island and how far did he back up before he hit you.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.