Truck blown over and crushes Wy Troopers car

Discussion in 'Trucking Accidents' started by buzzarddriver, Feb 10, 2017.

1. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

2. striker

striker Road Train Member

Aug 8, 2009
    Denver, Co
    Dagnabbit, you beat me by 30 seconds

3. scottied67

scottied67 Road Train Member

Mar 14, 2010
    california norte
    From this morning---

Lepton1 Thanks this.
  4. STexan

STexan Road Train Member

Oct 3, 2011
    Longview, TX
    I'd be curious to know what that truck had in the box and what advisory/notice that section of road was under at the time, and for how long.

5. striker

striker Road Train Member

Aug 8, 2009
    Denver, Co
    The accident happened on 2/7/17 on Elk Mountain, don't know the weight, but I do know that entire area was under Extreme Blowover Risk, No light high profile vehicles

Lepton1 Thanks this.
  6. scottied67

scottied67 Road Train Member

Mar 14, 2010
    california norte
    Move Over or Lay Down for Stopped Emergency Vehicles

Lepton1 and alghazi Thank this.
  7. Dna Mach

Dna Mach Road Train Member

Aug 8, 2008
    Texas
  8. DrivingMyLifeAway

DrivingMyLifeAway "Looking for a better day"

Dec 4, 2006
    Somewhere in the Lower-48
    I was in Rawlins on Feb 6 shutdown for 1 day waiting for the High Wind Warning to be lifted / I was logged onto wyoroad.info on the 7th @ 0345 hours MT / @ 0400 hours MT wyoroad.info was updated and the High Wind Warning was lifted; winds downgraded to STRONG... YELLOW ALERT / @ 79K lbs. I started my run to Cheyenne before sunrise in wind gusts up to 40MPH without incident to have my load REPWR'D by a team / My REPWR'D load from the team was a westbound load / After sunrise in Cheyenne the High Wind Warning was posted again on wyoroad.info and I shutdown on the 7th for 1 day / On the 8th the High Wind Warning was lifted after sundown / I departed Cheyenne in the evening on the 8th with strong winds, YELLOW ALERT, gusting to 40MPH / Driving up thru Laramie the wind was gusting to 43MPH, Arlington 41MPH... info from broadcasted NOAA weather radio report / As I approached westbound Elk Mtn., I saw the blown-over rig 1 mile east of the Elk Mtn. exit 255 / I made it safely down Elk Mtn. & completed my trip with no incident

9. Johny41

Johny41 Road Train Member

Feb 10, 2011
    Ontario, Canada
    Crazy !
    Some of the officers are brainless and ####y deserve their destiny, stopping very close to driving lane; even this one have to watch him when opens the door .There's plenty of room on the shoulder and is stopped behind the curve the truck driver has a car passing him,didn't see him in time to move over .

10. longbedGTs

longbedGTs Heavy Load Member

May 8, 2007
    Texas
    Went through that yesterday after coming up from Denver. Ft. Collins had some blowovers...a Western Flyer trailer and an MVT trailer(no tractors though) in the median. Maybe they were left there on purpose to serve as a reminder...who knows. A little ways up was Hummer that had the front of the trailer pushed out and boxes spilling out. Not sure what happened there but it was upright. Cheyenne to about Rawlins was bad with the wind gusts. I was at 79,200lbs and if I were much lighter, I'd have parked it in Cheyenne. Little America to Evanston was hit hard with snow and slushy roads but temps stayed around 30 deg and calm winds. There's my weather report for ya'll!

Johny41 and Rocks Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.