Truck cited for being 89k lbs overweight

Discussion in 'Truckers News' started by Dharok, Sep 14, 2017.

1. Dharok

Dharok Medium Load Member

Jun 10, 2015
    tucker, albert l and NavigatorWife Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. CrappieJunkie

CrappieJunkie Wishin' I was fishin'

Mar 9, 2014
    In a van down by the River.
    NavigatorWife Thanks this.
  4. born&raisedintheusa

born&raisedintheusa Road Train Member

Sep 20, 2012
    Not only should the driver be cited for this, but the trucking company AND shipping/receiving plant that overloaded the driver should also be cited for this fiasco.

God bless every American and their families! God bless the U.S.A.!

pattyj, Lepton1, NavigatorWife and 2 others Thank this.
  5. CrappieJunkie

Mar 9, 2014
    Yes, but he shoulda known right away, got scaled to confirm and then refused to haul it. Wonder what the bols said the weight was.

6. born&raisedintheusa

born&raisedintheusa Road Train Member

Sep 20, 2012
    There is no telling if the paperwork was truthful of not.

God bless every American and their families! God bless the U.S.A.!

7. CrappieJunkie

Mar 9, 2014
    No, but something that heavy you would know automatically. I had a load once that was gross 82k. It has a feel to it. I knew right away. Company had scale on site. Guard sent me right back to a door. If I can feel my load is 2k over, any driver worth his salt can tell 89k over. It's not like he was a few hundy over. We are talking about another full truck load plus 9k.

8. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    Pretty hefty scale.

I saw my scale fail in Virginia pegged at 134500 or so. That was a day to remember. Then being told specifically that Maryland scales are open today. Before they started writing against the company. I think it was 3000 dollars in fines.

Thinking back on that entire load assignment out of Harrisonburg with a emtpy the entire episode is a fiasco in every way. I had no training in weights that day, literally my very first load in which Im told here is a box, fill it with this freight take it back to baltimore and put it on the ship.

Well I filled it. *Bangs head.

I finally got out of container work, I was permitted for 99K on a 40 foot box and short mack, but sometimes the scales just laughed at that little index card, and still laugh... and point at me then the scale readout... 110K or something. with a 20 foot box.

I wonder sometimes what in hell they were putting into those boxes. That was long before I learned what it cost to ship a 20 footer versus a 40 footer to europe in those days. If they can cut the cost in half and ship a 20 and weights be ######, that is what they did.

tucker, Lepton1, NavigatorWife and 2 others Thank this.
  9. rearview

rearview Medium Load Member

Nov 8, 2014
    Tenakee Springs
    If 2k adds that much drag on your wagon you need to upgrade to a 350 horsepower motor or start off in the right gear.

Lepton1 Thanks this.
  10. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    350?

I prefer maybe ripping out a German Main Battle Tank Engine that is desiel and about the size of a detriot and change. 1200 horses on tap.

He can start out in any gear he likes. Wont take a dallop of fuel to kick it moving.

I have struggled with engines that I think is actually #### near 200 horse in rating if not god only knows how small in torque too. Only because I don't know any better in my time.

Fast forward many decades to where Ive tasted 550 detriots that wont laydown for nothing at any speed. Moar is mucho bettah. I'll never go back to a 200 plus horse.

Oh wait. Ive said in the past I would live to run that old iron one more time in my life... I stabotage myself. But you know what I mean. Quit casterating them trucks companies, let em roll.

11. CrappieJunkie

Mar 9, 2014
    It wasn't much more drag as much as I was on a dedicated run, picked up from this place every other day and I know how it is loaded, and I know how the load feels. It was metal powder. 2 of the bags were heavier than normal.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.