Truck destroys stuff in Queens.

Discussion in 'Trucking Accidents' started by lilillill, Sep 14, 2019.

1. FlaSwampRat

FlaSwampRat Road Train Member

Jun 1, 2019
    Valrico FL
    That has to be the #1 old wives tale in trucking. Couldn't get around a turn and the police just said run it over lol.

Bud A., x1Heavy and Lepton1 Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Badmon

Badmon Heavy Load Member

Oct 6, 2014
    Deep south
    The videographer laughing as the driver was futilely trying to push his bumper back in by hand sent me over the edge. "God bless Americaaaa" christ almighty thanks for such a good chuckle

Lepton1 Thanks this.
  4. gentleroger

gentleroger Road Train Member

Jun 1, 2010
    The last time I was in Brooklyn I had a solid game plan. Checked to make sure I was on a truck route, google mapped my way in and out. Thought I was good to go. Got in, made the delivery and was heading out. Came up on my turn and said *#$*%(#*$(!?!?!?! - a house was being renovated and the dumpster was placed on the corner. No other place to put it, but no way was I going to make that turn. I would have hesitated trying to go in between the dumpster and the cars parked opposite even if I was going straight. Sometimes no matter how well you do your due diligence you get bit.

\

5. Collie

Collie Guest

cameraman saying "worldstar".
    I would have had pleasure watching the trucker knock his teeth down his throat.
    Car was junk anyway

x1Heavy and Lepton1 Thank this.
  6. Collie

Collie Guest

And yes, if car is parked illegally in city, trucker wont be held responsible in a cops eyes. A driver friend of mine had to deliver a wide load excavator to philly and couldnt make it down the road becuase of parked cars blocking it. The police came, and the police instructed him and flagged him on to keep going. He made a mess of those cars with the tracks. My friend couldnt belive it but hey it is what it is in the city. Keep on trucking

NavigatorWife, mjd4277, Bud A. and 2 others Thank this.
  7. drvrtech77

drvrtech77 Road Train Member

Mar 20, 2010
    I've had NYPD cuss the moron out who was parked illegally and such when i was attempting a turn..actually told me "his pos isn't worth $500"..lol

NavigatorWife, Bud A. and FlaSwampRat Thank this.
  8. rbrtwbstr

rbrtwbstr Road Train Member

Jul 11, 2012
    in the bush somewhere

Don't forget the Federal Marshall stories!

Bud A., Lepton1 and FlaSwampRat Thank this.
  9. WildTiger1990

WildTiger1990 Heavy Load Member

Apr 21, 2015
    So what did you do? Was waiting till they will move dumpster, or took avenue road instead of express?

x1Heavy and Bud A. Thank this.
  10. gentleroger

gentleroger Road Train Member

Jun 1, 2010
    I pulled straight thru the intersection so I was blocking trsffic less, tossed the 4 ways on, grabbed the atlas and my phone and made a plan. Wasn't a good plan, and I was on a street I really shouldn't have been, but I got out with out tearing stuff up.

11. bryan21384

bryan21384 Road Train Member

Sep 18, 2009
    Memphis, TN
    I know what you mean. I got myself in a pickle trying to get out of the Bronx one time. Usually its signs everywhere pointing to the entrance needed to get back on the expressway. Some parts of the city have the service roads for trucks to get on. I missed my turn to get on the service and was able to loop around and get back on track, but when I got back around, i thought I was on the service road and ended up getting on this super tight street. I missed the service road entrance because the trees were blocking the sign. Luckily there were good samaritans out there to guide me out if that pickle and get me back where I needed to go, because that was nearly a disaster.

NavigatorWife, Bud A., x1Heavy and 3 others Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.