Truck Driver Lies About Robbery

Discussion in 'Truckers News' started by Cybergal, Dec 16, 2008.

1. Cybergal

Cybergal Road Train Member

Oct 20, 2008
    Truck Driver Lies About Robbery
    12/16/08
    KWCH, KS

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Waterloo

Waterloo Medium Load Member

Nov 16, 2008
    Grass Lake, MI
    Larry???? I think he used to work for me...

I had a driver that was big into internet poker. The bast-rd was always late, and more excuses than Carter had liver pills. And he knew how to run my company! It took a few late loads to figure it all out. It was nice firing him.

Mike

4. heyns57

heyns57 Road Train Member

Dec 30, 2006
    near Kalamazoo Speedway
    In the 1960s, I had a summer job at a sand dune ride in Michigan. One of the things my boss did during the winter was purchase nuts and bolts in bulk, and make up assortments in plastic compartmentalized boxes to be sold to farmers, garages, hardware stores, etc. He sent his friend to Florida with a pickup loaded with these assortment boxes. In a couple of weeks, my boss received a phone call from his friend: "All of the assortments have been sold, but I need gas money to get back to Michigan." Knowing his friend had a problem with alcohol, my boss had to travel to Florida rather than sending the gas money by Western Union.

5. AfterShock

AfterShock Road Train Member

Sep 19, 2007
    Inland Empire, California
    WhO?! :biggrin_2555:
    Larry Mason, age 59?

Shux Howdy!
    Small world.
    Larry used to be my dispatcher.
    Imagine that. :biggrin_25525:

Seems SOME thangs NEVER change. :biggrin_25512: :laughing-guffaw:

6. Joetro

Joetro Road Train Member

Aug 23, 2008
    Post Falls, ID
    I shamefully admit that I lost my fuel money in a three card Monte scam years ago, when I was very green. All I could do was call my boss and tell him. Talk about embarrassing. I had no idea there were several involved in the scam. Won't ever happen again, I guarantee that. I imagine that's why I don't like gambling much to this day.

7. millielee

millielee Bobtail Member

Aug 29, 2012
    if people are stupid enough to bte there money why call the cops and lie. thats wrong to do just admitur addicted to gambling seen alot of it in my days these guys ive seen dont forcenpeople outof there money ive seen many guys hand it to them ive seen the dealer mqny times give money back if u dont wanna lose it

8. Passin Thru

Passin Thru Road Train Member

Mar 8, 2007
    VA
    Several years ago, a guy tried to sell my partner on a Team truck a brick wrapped in paper up on the Grapevine saying it was a 50W linear. My friend knew it was a scam so when the guy held it out he grabbed it and threw it at him. Heard the dude scream but don't know where it hit him. Another partner for the same co, drove out from SFO, we were headed to just outside Boston and we had just enoug time to getthere, deliver, reload and head home bdfore Labor Day. I woke up at 9 AM, the truck so hot you could barely breathe at Sams Town. I went in, ate breakfast, found him at a poker table and said, "I'm going to brush my teeth,be in the truck when I get out there or I'll leave you." He had the gall to be mad at me and he sadi "I was winning." I asked him for my lost wages for the whole weekend and he shut up. Never happened again tho we were bid partners for 2 years. My wife said we acted like a married couple because we fought like it.

9. BigCheese

BigCheese Medium Load Member

Sep 9, 2011
    CT
    Someone was in the Archives and dug that post out of the 2008 files. LOL

10. sparetire

sparetire Bobtail Member

May 8, 2012
    This is starting to become common

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.