Truck driver shot in apparent road rage incident

Discussion in 'Trucking Accidents' started by truckaholic001, Nov 8, 2019.

1. lovesthedrive

lovesthedrive R.I.P.

Nov 11, 2008
    Sorrento Maine
    At leat the driver survived the idiot whom couldnt keep their finger off the trigger.

War-Eagle Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    I tell you what. ANY one shooting into my vehicle will have to deal with me if they did not take me out the first round. Especially if I am a big rig. I have no problems taking them and their vehicle into the barrier with fuel tanks and drives. SQUISH. Being shot at tends to make me aggressive enough to weaponize my vehicle. Then the law can come sort out the mess.

These days as a licensed carry, I am very very very much a church mouse. You would not know it. I hope no one ever finds out. IT would make me very happy never to have used those 255 grain hardcast jacket rounds in super.

dwells40 and War-Eagle Thank this.
  4. War-Eagle

War-Eagle Light Load Member

Aug 29, 2019
    Fort Worth, Texas
    People have absolutely no regard for the value of a human life anymore. This poor driver (thank God he/she survived!) was just out there doing his job. I'm sure the truck was in the way some how, and I'd like the think that the driver was being courteous and cautious. If not, it's still not worth getting shot at (unless the driver is a homicidal maniac running cars over and the like using the truck as a weapon).

Bud A., chico9696 and x1Heavy Thank this.
  5. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    Indeed.

I forget the exact details but on the south end of the old Blown up Robert E Lee Bridge in the core of downtown, I recall the threat levels being pretty high up. The last begger or addict that came to me with hand out, I told that one HA. Money? Forget it. Smoke? Coffee? Warm Cab out of the rain a hour or whatever but actual cash money? HA. They don't pay me enough.

Addict did not believe me until I showed empty chain drive wallet. Oh. You don't have money. Interesting. How about a working girl?

I tell you what Im happy that whatever they think goes down in that part of town, they can very well keep it. I have tried to make sure that I stayed the hell out of there. God knows Ive live loaded ball bearings out of there and worked with cranes putting my roofing foam onto buildings near the old interstate downtown being built there. But frankly, they can pretty it all they want. But the rot and immoral society is right there sticking to your underfoot.

The cash money? Concealed money belt. They would have to go through me to get to it.

War-Eagle, dwells40 and 70’Nova Thank this.
  6. Infosaur

Infosaur Road Train Member

Great, :rolleyes: now I heard Truckaholic's sumery in Paul Harvey's voice.

truckaholic001 and Cattleman84 Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.