Truck drivers are keeping America moving, amid COVID-19

Discussion in 'Other News' started by Chinatown, Apr 7, 2020.

1. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Wasted Thyme Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Snailexpress

Snailexpress Road Train Member

Apr 28, 2014
    Rocky
    I would take my hat off for truck stop workers, shipping and receiving people. They are really at risk. I have 1 or 2 contacts per day, some days none quarantined in my truck. They have thousands contacts every day and come back to the family every night. They deserve my respect.

4. HoneyBadger67

HoneyBadger67 Road Train Member

Dec 15, 2018
    Savannah, TN
    It's no 'personal sacrifice' to want to keep current on your bills. Besides, we're in the truck the majority of the time.

Personal sacrifice would be bending and spreading when dispatch wants to cram as many deadhead miles up your keister as loaded (paid) miles. Or smiling as if just being paid for fuel is as good as making some kind of profit (because ya know, I'm out here because of the lifestyle not to get paid).

These poor saps out here risking a virus, not just now but ALL the time, they're making the sacrifice.

5. Wasted Thyme

Wasted Thyme Road Train Member

Jan 27, 2020
    GOAT watching
    It is a personal sacrifice if you are putting yourself at risk of the virus. IMO. I mean not all truckers are in perfect health. Some might have COPD or other health issues that puts their life at risk if they catch it. Traveling cross the country exposed to different people. Does make it a risk. IMO

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.