Truck driving jobs and pay

Discussion in 'Canadian Truckers Forum' started by Abraham 17, Jun 4, 2019.

1. BigHossVolvo

BigHossVolvo Road Train Member

Dec 15, 2016
    Calgary, Alberta
    This is almost identical to my experience. Best truck I’ve ever driven, mind blowing technology, amazing power and fuel milage.

VERY finicky to some things, clogged tank breather will shut it down. Absolute #### attitude from Dealers (non work weekends, even in LA/Chicago), Volvo Corporate and Warranty. Lots of fighting and arguing and literally reading them their own warranty policies lol.

TA/Loves/BossShop want nothing to do with them. Luckily I carry enough tools to handle most stuff, but this last one was a doozie (Engineering fault, Updated PNs and Software) they made me pay for it, since I didn’t have ext chassis warranty; only power train/after treatment/electrical LoL.

Oh well, I’m sure they all ####in suck, just like the car and motorcycle dealers these days.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. sirjeff

sirjeff Medium Load Member

Dec 1, 2013
    Kelowna, BC
    20191211_205837.jpg

......and that's why I have this random ugly toggle switch in a previously drilled hole from an old QC mount. Couldn't find the window short so I just cut the power to it when it acts up haha

rzl-dzl and BigHossVolvo Thank this.
  4. SprinterMan

SprinterMan Bobtail Member

Nov 23, 2019
    Ontario, Canada
    Is there any trucking companies in GTA-Ontario hiring long-haul cargo van drivers. Going to USA or within Canada?

5. rzl-dzl

rzl-dzl Medium Load Member

Dec 16, 2011
    100 mile house
    yep

the whole fleet went in for passenger door harnesses, rear of tractor harnesses, and they changed the alternator every yr

6. rzl-dzl

Dec 16, 2011
    100 mile house
    was my favorite truck to drive, comfort and easy turning in NYC etc....

would try again, cuz it was the same amount of downtime as other ####tier trucks

that 10 days down for fan hub was almost 12 days...when they finally fixed it, volvo warranty was closed on the east coast...just told my service dept ill mastercard it for the points, you reimburse me, and got rolling

joy of new fan hubs that fail off instead of old style failing on

BigHossVolvo Thanks this.
  7. BigHossVolvo

BigHossVolvo Road Train Member

Dec 15, 2016
    Calgary, Alberta
    Zipping around Delta BC today, I said the same thing "man this thing rides nice, turns easy and is downright fun to drive in tight cities compared to my other trucks".

I just hate that "Everyone is against you, now bend over" feeling you get from ALL the dealers, Corporate and The Uptime Center.

I really hope Kenworth is better.

8. rzl-dzl

Dec 16, 2011
    100 mile house
    the t800s ive been driving since 2015 have been good

they all lost injector cups around 12000 hrs, some liners dropped, otherwise its just emissions stuff, though i had a deleted truck from 2015-17

nwharry Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.