Truck during downtime

Discussion in 'Roehl' started by Paul328, Apr 4, 2016.

1. Paul328

Paul328 Bobtail Member

Apr 2, 2016
    If you are a company driver and opt for the 14/3 do you keep the truck you are driving for the 3 off days or turn it in? Also, let's say you need some $$ or are saving for something, can you work more than 14?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. 426yankee

426yankee Light Load Member

Jan 23, 2016
    Charlottesville,VA
    most companies will always let you stay out as long as you'd like. the flip side is, the longer you're out, the more you want to stay home once you get there. It seems like most of the mega carriers don't want you to stay home more than 5 days, in fact, telling you if you stay home for more than 5 they will send someone to get you're truck. It comes down to your relationship with your dispatcher, if you run hard when you're out, the less strict they are about the 5 day thing. At the company I work for, I stay out for 11 days and then home for 3 full days. For me, its a tradeoff, I want the home time with my family so I take a little bit less in the pay department. I still made pretty good, (58K) but I could make more if I really ran longer

4. Paul328

Paul328 Bobtail Member

Apr 2, 2016
    Yankee, I don't mind being out at all. I am new to the area I am living, have family here but they have their own thing going. Kids are grown gone and live states away, and I divorced Satan's sister so that's no longer an issue.

KriegHund Thanks this.
  5. 426yankee

426yankee Light Load Member

Jan 23, 2016
    Charlottesville,VA
    Then you really have the recipe to make some money, use it while you can. Stay out and run hard and safe and let you're DM see you for the top of the line driver you can be. it will come in handy down the road for when you want something special. Believe me, a good relationship with your DM gets you places and things that others don't. This industry does not just give you things, you earn them. Safe travels driver!

Texnmidwest Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.