truck during home time

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by IluvCATS, Aug 28, 2016.

1. free spirited1

free spirited1 Heavy Load Member

Mar 18, 2012
    USA
    Well I know at where I'm at you get a message from our Road Service over the QC, you have to get it done within the miles they say or you are blocked from dispatch and whatever part of the country your in you will have to get to a Speedco, TA/Petro and get it done before getting further loads. They usually give you a 3800 mile advance notice, depending on the Make truck your driving.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Big Don

Big Don "Old Fart"

Sep 8, 2007
    Utah's DIXIE!
    Don't know about now, but back when I worked for Knight, they routed the trucks through a terminal with a shop, every so often. And not too long before I left, they started trying to route trailers through a shop every month. I have to wonder how that worked out.....:rolleyes:

ChaoSS Thanks this.
  4. addrenjunky

addrenjunky Light Load Member

Jan 28, 2015
    wisconsin
    :(
    Hillarious

5. IluvCATS

IluvCATS Road Train Member

Dec 1, 2014
    Seattle, WA
    New drivers. You should never come on this board called "Questions from New Drivers" and ask a question. Instead, call your dispatcher. This board is hereby closed.

tucker Thanks this.
  6. RDBG

RDBG Medium Load Member

Jun 23, 2016
    I don't have a dispatcher can't I just ask you??:D

7. Jumbo

Jumbo Road Train Member

Sep 4, 2009
    Appleton, Wisconsin
    You could also ask that question of the people questioning where he decided to work or that his truck has a camera. Neither of their responses contributed anything.

8. Jumbo

Jumbo Road Train Member

Sep 4, 2009
    Appleton, Wisconsin
    Where to park on hometime should be one of the first things considered when starting out as a truck driver. You wouldn't buy a boat if you lve in an apartment complex without first thinking "Where am I going to keep this when I am not using it?"

tucker Thanks this.
  9. Rusty Trawler

Rusty Trawler Road Train Member

Jul 14, 2016
    Some companies hold you responsible for anything that happens to the truck once it's out of route to go home .
    And a lot can happen

10. IluvCATS

IluvCATS Road Train Member

Dec 1, 2014
    Seattle, WA
    FYI if the "i dont know where to park" is directed at me, you are way off. I knew where I was going to park before I was even assigned a truck. I'm not super happy to pay daily and be an hour away, but my city isnt like many others. You cannot park on street or even in your driveway. My company knows the parking address and I have followed the parking guidelines. So thats that. When I was still in training weeks ago I asked others on a different thread what they do, I cannot do what many in here do, park at my home. Thats how I came to understand I'll have to pay for this spot and just suck it. Fine.

On this thread I searched for points of view on Qualcom, truck safety, and APU staus while out of service. Nice people here shared their experiences. Thank you! I am now on hometime and this thread helped me a lot. People shouldnt feel embarrassed to ask questions. Im not.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2016
    tucker, ZVar and SHOJim Thank this.
  11. Lmuench

Lmuench Bobtail Member

Sep 2, 2016
    Park your truck and go home. 10 dollars a day is good. Log off duty not driving and you will be fine. Start the first day with a 15 min Pre trip.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.