Truck insurance for cargo, liability, damage, car hauling??

Discussion in 'Car Hauler and Auto Carrier Trucking Forum' started by doncorlione82, Feb 10, 2017.

1. doncorlione82

doncorlione82 Bobtail Member

Feb 6, 2017
    I'm looking for a truck insurance any one know??? Any recommendations??? Cargo, liability , damage , car hauling ???

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. trucko

trucko Medium Load Member

Aug 3, 2015
    Do you have your own authority or leasing to someone? If leasing to someone ask them what insurance they have and told them if they put your truck in their policy.

If you need to get your own authority, do not take insurance now. First apply for everything you can do without big expenses, such as file for USDOT and MC, Drug testing, then wait 2 weeks and get insurance. then apply for IRP, IFTA, NY HUT if you will be driving on NY highways, KY, NM and I think OK some stupid taxes. You might also need to look at heavy duty tax if you are above 55 000 pounds.

Good luck.

Progressive is not insuring new entrants anymore
    and if you are new be prepared to get quote 20 000 and if you have some tickets on Driver license, OMG I do not even want to imagine what will be your insurance

Highway_Executive Thanks this.
  4. doncorlione82

doncorlione82 Bobtail Member

Feb 6, 2017
    Thanks for responding . I did some quotes already they told me 18 000 going up to 23- 24 000 . This is f.... crazy. I have insurance under lease company what I work for now but i want to go on my own don't listen somebody's rules. I understand it's better drive under someone but that way I never start my own exactly own business. This stupid big companies always have something to find what's wrong around your truck ( air lines not like this should be like that , Dot tape missing here, tires have not enough tread, lights should be blinking brighter etc . ) which on your own you'll be drove to death.

Highway_Executive Thanks this.
  5. Highway_Executive

Highway_Executive Light Load Member

Nov 4, 2016
    Chicago
    Who did you get quotes from?

6. KANSAS TRANSIT

KANSAS TRANSIT Road Train Member

Jul 28, 2011
    Glasco,Ks.
    I usually figure around 10,000 per year per truck/trailer, however keep in mind my insurance is higher than most because we have are over 250,000 cargo for a 3/4 carrier and I have to have a ins. rider option for up to 1 million because of some of our high end vehicle moves.

Also we run to all 48 not just regional, so I'm sure our insurance is higher than most in my segment, that should give you a high end to shoot for, but remember, we have an established track record and run loss ratio, that is a huge factor when starting out or talking rates.

7. Dtf250

Dtf250 Bobtail Member

Feb 18, 2017
    Call my agent:
    Robert Gamino at 3237884920
    Tell him Selena from Dailey Transport sent you. He just did my liability and cargo for car hauling.

swaggerjacker Thanks this.
  8. swaggerjacker

swaggerjacker Medium Load Member

Nov 20, 2016
    May I use you as a reference as well?

9. Statetostatetransport216

Statetostatetransport216 Bobtail Member

Feb 24, 2017
    Could I use him as well

10. swaggerjacker

swaggerjacker Medium Load Member

Nov 20, 2016
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.