Truck Load Rates Halt 8 Week Slide!

Discussion in 'Freight Broker Forum' started by Scooter Jones, Mar 12, 2019.

1. 6wheeler

6wheeler Road Train Member

Aug 30, 2009
    Charlottesville, VA
    Aww yes... The rates are up to $1.80 to a little over $2 a mile. Brought to you by your friends at DAT. At DAT we strive to bring you the latest information on corporate trucking rates to help lower your profits for Owner Operators.

Rideandrepair and Thouren Thank this.
  2. Thouren

Thouren Bobtail Member

Nov 21, 2018
    Detroit, MI
    I'd argue DAT and the such providing rates are an equalizer in the industry. Without these services only the big corporate brokerages and megacarriers would have complete data.

3. Midwest Trucker

Midwest Trucker Road Train Member

Aug 31, 2018
    Rates are definitely sucking. I bet people are less quick to make a “I went broke” thread as they were the “Just bought a truck!” ones. lol

4. Scooter Jones

Scooter Jones Road Train Member

Apr 19, 2011
    Maybe we should all lease onto one of the megas for a dollar a mile plus fsc ;-) Just think about those huge fuel discounts!

Dave_in_AZ, whoopNride, PPDCT and 2 others Thank this.
  5. Scooter Jones

Apr 19, 2011
    Anyone have an idea of the best trucking school so I can get my CDL? And oh yeah, any recommendations for really cheap liability insurance once you all tell me how to get my MC ?

6. JonJon78

JonJon78 Road Train Member

Jul 1, 2018
    Then pull Amazon trailers... Success!!!!

7. Rideandrepair

Rideandrepair Road Train Member

Aug 8, 2015
    Well I hope it picks up soon,maybe a backlash due to the bad weather is right around the corner. Been pretty lucky so far, but rates are lower this week from what In seeing east of Miss. river. I’m contiplating running a load to Pa or Nj, that’s how bad it is!!! Still turning down rediculous rates. Looking for last minute load for tomorrow. Don’t look good.

8. Midwest Trucker

Midwest Trucker Road Train Member

Aug 31, 2018
    I bet we’d be “covered up” with work!

I saw a couple absolute scab ### looking trucks and trailers on the road today. I don’t think they could look worse if the owner tried. Pretty sure they weren’t cheap trucks but someone paid them to get off their property. lol

I had a truck stuck in St Louis basically all day looking for a load. Wasn’t anything worth taking even out to a 200 mile radius or more. Driver said he wasn’t surprised we were having trouble because where he dropped off there were many other trucks also sitting waiting to be dispatched. Pretty sad.

Rideandrepair and Scooter Jones Thank this.
  9. Scooter Jones

Apr 19, 2011
    Yeppers, you can usually tell how slow it is by the volume of trucks parked at the truck stops. When it's pretty much full by noon, you got issues.

10. 8thnote

8thnote Road Train Member

Aug 12, 2013
    Chattanooga, TN
    On wednesday I booked a load out of Chicago market to get a driver home in the Orlando area. The best option I found was $2.02 per mile. Thats about $.70 off where I thought it should be. Its rough out there now. Rates are bad (but still better than they were 3 yrs ago). Its the lack of available freight that is more concerning. Capacity will tighten up some when produce ramps up in the SE here in a couple of weeks, but I dont see it booming like it was last spring and summer.

• Draft saved Draft deleted