Truck monthly parking lot

Discussion in 'Truck Stops' started by Djaps, Mar 24, 2021.

1. Djaps

Djaps Bobtail Member

Mar 19, 2021
    Hi everyone, I would like to get some feedback on this monthly parking lot design.
    BD3F3BBE-0C68-4B87-9F79-6052EBD70672.jpeg

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. slow.rider

slow.rider Road Train Member

Apr 4, 2017
    NYC
    I'm seeing the last 5 spaces on the long side and the last 2 on the short side as a bit sketchy for semis. But maybe if a couple spaces on the short side were left open, then at least 4 of the last 5 spaces on the long side would be functional. Another option might be to use the last 5 or 6 spaces on the long side for something else, such as personal vehicles, boats, rv's, or a building.

Just my $0.02.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2021
    bthomann Thanks this.
  4. slow.rider

slow.rider Road Train Member

Apr 4, 2017
    NYC
    The first 5-6 spots on the short side could also be tricky for semis to get into, for the same reason as the others. They're not amenable to sight-side backing. That'd be another area I'd set aside for other stuff.

bthomann Thanks this.
  5. gummy bear

gummy bear Light Load Member

Nov 8, 2008
    kentucky
    The direction of travel through the parking lot should be the opposite way you have it currently. That sets up the trucks with the spots for an easy sight-side back in most of the spots.

Attached Files:

6. GoneButNotForgotten

GoneButNotForgotten Heavy Load Member

Dec 30, 2009
    Roxboro, N.C.
    Twelve foot parking spaces could be considered pretty tight (especially for a blind side back). A fifteen foot space would give drivers a little more wiggle room when backing and should cut down on the number of damaged trailers. Yes, it will cut down on the number of spaces available, but hopefully the payoff should be happier customers that their trailers incur less damage while on your lot.

7. Dna Mach

Dna Mach Road Train Member

Aug 8, 2008
    Texas
    12 foot spots aren’t practical for general public parking. You’ll have people tearing stuff up daily. 15 foot spots are much more forgiving.

One of our company yards has 12 foot spots and you really have to consciously avoid hitting mirrors and trucks when backing and that’s when you’re parking between two perfectly centered trucks. We pull tanks and have zero tail swing. I couldn’t imagine backing a van/reefer trailer into a 12’ spot after 650 miles of driving.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.