Truck Paper or Central for Selling Auto Transport Equipment?

Discussion in 'Car Hauler and Auto Carrier Trucking Forum' started by LBZ, May 26, 2017.

1. LBZ

LBZ Road Train Member

Oct 22, 2008
    Road to Nowhere
    As titled, do you guys use truck paper, central dispatch or something else for selling auto transport equipment?

Truck Paper is $240 for a month of in paper & online.
    Central last I knew was $99. Not sure the duration of their ads & the photos are generally garbage.
    Truck Paper obviously has the physical paper distributed weekly as well as online vs Centrals web site that you already have to be a subscriber to view.

Craigslist while free, have never sold anything off of there worth more than $75. Like wise, do not go searching cg when looking at large purchases either.

Pros & cons to all sites. A few years ago, when selling through tp. The person the bought my last trailer contacted me within an hour of the post hitting the web site. But the market was different then.
    Thanks for any info.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Hammer166

Hammer166 Crusty Information Officer

Aug 18, 2007
    ~8600+' and loving it!
    Everything we've ever moved is either through Truck Paper or word of mouth to other carhaulers in our area.

LBZ Thanks this.
  4. strollinruss

strollinruss Road Train Member

Jun 5, 2012
    Montgomery, TX
    I've sold tons of equipment on Craigslist. Just have to weed out the idiots that call. It's worth the trouble and doesn't hurt to try

Hammer166 and LBZ Thank this.
  5. Ziggy319

Ziggy319 Medium Load Member

Mar 27, 2012
    Syracuse,ny
    Many have had luck in the Facebook group Auto Transport Everything.

Hammer166 and Terry270 Thank this.
  6. HaulinCars

HaulinCars Medium Load Member

Jan 25, 2014
    Central Florida
    I'm looking for equipment now. I search TP frequently. The listings on Central are a pain with the way the page works so I rarely look there. Craigslist with the way you can only search 1 city at a time to me seems useless for something like specialty vehicles (car hauling equipment) so I never even look at CL.

7. Tropsnart

Tropsnart Road Train Member

Jun 8, 2015
    Pavilion New York
    @HaulinCars try adhuntr.com. it looks at all of craigslist.com not just one area. I type Cottrell in the search line and get every Cottrell listing on Craigslist nationwide.

8. HaulinCars

HaulinCars Medium Load Member

Jan 25, 2014
    Central Florida
    Cool, thanks for that info! I tried a couple apps that said they do that but none of them really worked right. I'll try adhuntr...

9. djbattle

djbattle Light Load Member

Jun 27, 2014
    Got a solid 10 car for 30k coming up at end of july currently running east to west coast

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.